The Football Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burton Albion?
    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Leyton Orient
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

yes
        The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Is the Official name "MK Dons" or "Milton Keynes Dons" ?

EDIT: It's the latter
          Last edited by Piquet; 4th-September-2013, 20:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
            how many shirts will it take to make that back though?
            Not that many considering the cost in UK of the bastard things.
            \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              Is the Official name "MK Dons" or "Milton Keynes Dons" ?

EDIT: It's the latter
              Fake club killing bastards is the correct name.
              \"A million monkeys with a million crayons would be hard-pressed in a million years to create anything as cretinous as Battlefield Earth.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Omer View Post
                Fake club killing bastards is the correct name.
                Yes, I agree, but there is no "ton" in that name [ EDIT: unless you pronounce it "Wimbleton" ] and that was the context in which I asked (and answered) the question.

For the record, in my opinion, a club, or team, in any code takes its identity from its location. I abhor movements such as the one to which you refer. ( and the Dodgers from Brooklyn to LA and the Giants from NY to SF and the Colts from Baltimore to Indianapolis and the 'Barrs from Barrack St to Togher and the Lakers from Minneapolis to LA to name just a few)

Oh and , of course, Offaly from Birr to Tullamore
                Last edited by Piquet; 8th-September-2013, 10:13.

Comment

You forgot the obvious one: Munster from Cork to Limerick!!!

Comment

As the mouse said to the trap, " into that I will not go"

Comment

here is an old picture of Bale & with warbunny to his left.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                        Yes, I agree, but there is no "ton" in that name [ EDIT: unless you pronounce it "Wimbleton" ] and that was the context in which I asked (and answered) the question.

For the record, in my opinion, a club, or team, in any code takes its identity from its location. I abhor movements such as the one to which you refer. ( and the Dodgers from Brooklyn to LA and the Giants from NY to SF and the Colts from Baltimore to Indianapolis and the 'Barrs from Barrack St to Togher and the Lakers from Minneapolis to LA to name just a few)

Oh and , of course, Offaly from Birr to Tullamore
                        nay problem - was a reflex reaction to what the bastards did - not a dig at anyone here

Comment

The nordies lost 3-2 in Luxembourg. It's only luxembourg's second win in 40 years apparently.

I'll be laughing about this one for a while.
                          "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Trap gone!
                            rtenews
                            Giovanni Trapattoni leaves Ireland post http://t.co/QJUJUumgHn
                            11/09/2013 11:38

Comment

Now the clamour for a has-been Martin O'Neill can begin.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

2/5 Martin O'Neill
                                3/1 Mick McCarthy
                                Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Working...
                                X