No announcement yet.

The Football Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Legia Warsaw fans were a bit provocative last night in Ibrox.

They unveiled a banner of Pope John Paul II

See here

Comment

I was looking up the betting on the Cork City v Rovers game tonight and I noticed the Dundalk v UCD odds .

College are 35/1 (is this a record?)
      Dundalk are 1/14 (is this a record?)
      (The draw is 9/1.)

Comment

I would seem that the Polis are interested in possible match fixing in Limerick.

See here

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          I would seem that the Polis are interested in possible match fixing in Limerick.

See here
          "The FAI are aware of the development and are awaiting a report from the Gardaí".

FAI are currently under 5 investigations as Del Boy tries to ride out the storm from the garden.

Comment

There's a mighty match at Anfield at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              There's a mighty match at Anfield at the moment.
              pretty hectic alright....
              Irish goalkeeper for Liverpool?

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

Irish goalkeeper for Liverpool?
                From Cork I think

Life is good

Comment

It's a funny old game (Saint?)

He concedes nine goals the other night and ends up the hero.

Comment

Afternoon

Looking for 3 tickets to any home Liverpool league game this season.

Want to bring my 2 sons (9 & 7) as a Christmas present from me. Santa can bring the other crap they want.

Struggling to find 3 tickets together ( or 3 tickets anywhere!! )

Cheers

Comment

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...arda-1.4097144

The shlte has finally hit the fan at the FAI, surely now Del Boy is heading for the Four Goldmines.

Comment

Good. About bloody time...
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Indo reporting that the FAI might have to sell their stake in the Aviva to survive. What a shambles.

Comment

If they do have to sell half the aviva then it would presumably be the IRFU that would buy it, but why would they bother, or more to the point why would they bother paying the market value, or anything close to the market value (if you can even decide what that is) for it?

The IRFU cant play any more games in it than they currently play, and concerts are only going to yield so much extra money. Hard to see where the additional income is going to come from to justify the cost.

As a landlord do you really want the FAI as tenants? The talk is that there will be 30 redundancies in the very short term.

It makes no financial sense for the FAI to become homeless and have to start paying rent, but to me it makes less sense for the IRFU to buy it unless they do so with a view to selling it back at a tasty mark up down the road.

Comment

Three Ireland has confirmed it will not be renewing its sponsorship of the Republic of Ireland soccer teams.

Current sponsorship deal runs out next year
                              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

55 million only.
                                Delaney should be knighted.

Comment

Working...
                                X