No announcement yet.

The Football Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tottingham Hot Spuds are still in it - they were much more effective with a high tempo game in 2nd half but Ajax had the best chance when a scuffed shot hit the post. I think Ajax have much more nous that The Spuds who are just not at the top level.

Comment

Watch some Gob****e talking about Ajax's "vital away goal"

Comment

What is the meaning of this?
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

No spoilers but the Liverpool v Barcelona game is worth watching...
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Think Barce thought the tie was over. But never thought Liverpool could get through the game without conceding, had a bit of luck in the 1st half. Considering the opposition........one of the great comebacks/wins ever. They'll surely take the final by the scruff now and be hard to stop, be it Ajax or Tottingham Hot Spuds.

Comment

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
              Think Barce thought the tie was over. But never thought Liverpool could get through the game without conceding, had a bit of luck in the 1st half. Considering the opposition........one of the great comebacks/wins ever. They'll surely take the final by the scruff now and be hard to stop, be it Ajax or Tottingham Hot Spuds.
              that was as they say ....... Un be leave able Jeff

Comment

Fantastic result, but scoreline aside in 1st leg, Liverpool were by far the better team. Serious attitude problem with Barcelona players, time wasting and diving and far too much wasteful passing. Simply not good enough and Liverpool the better team.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Fantastic result, but scoreline aside in 1st leg, Liverpool were by far the better team. Serious attitude problem with Barcelona players, time wasting and diving and far too much wasteful passing. Simply not good enough and Liverpool the better team.
                  They didn't deserve to lose 3-0 in the 1st leg also.

Comment

Now here's a way to watch a match.

Comment

Reminded me of our Miracle Match ... they needed to win by four goals, etc. after being hockeyed in the away match. Great TV last night.
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

They didn't deserve to lose 3-0 in the 1st leg also.
                        Goals aside....I know that's not a thing. But I thought Liverpool played them off he park in the 1 at leg. So I should have seen something happening in the return leg....but never thought they could overturn 3.
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Goals aside....I know that's not a thing. But I thought Liverpool played them off he park in the 1 at leg. So I should have seen something happening in the return leg....but never thought they could overturn 3.
                          My memory of the 1st leg is of Liverpool playing quite well but Barce always looking likely to score. Liverpool had decent chances but were very wasteful. Messi's free kick was an absolute miracle shot, no keeper could have saved it. Salah (?) missed an easy chance at the death and an away goal would have given them some chance but funnily, the 3-0 was probably Barce's undoing...........they thought the tie was over and came to Anfield complacent.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                            Watch some Gob****e talking about Ajax's "vital away goal"
                            Not so "vital" now

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	3444bdca74b12065443fd854a602416d.gif
Views:	62
Size:	367.9 KB
ID:	2568904
                              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

The hurling championship is going to have a lot to live up to now.
                                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X