Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Football Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    The really interesting thing in that article is that Cathal Dervan has recently been appointed as the press officer for the most professional football association in Ireland. Fun and games ahead then...
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

    Comment


      Originally posted by lawrence View Post

      There isn’t anything cynical about questioning a situation that someone sought to quash by injunction and then all
      of a sudden move from their role. There is shenanigans going on.
      I won't speak for Piquet but I think his cynicism is aimed at the FAI rather than those questioning them.

      Comment


        Got it in one, Whimper.

        Comment


          Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
          I won't speak for Piquet but I think his cynicism is aimed at the FAI rather than those questioning them.
          Do ya reckon?

          Comment


            Comment


              Why is Marc Almond sitting with Damien Duff and Richie Sadlier on the football panel?
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

              Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

              Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

              Comment


                Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                Why is Marc Almond sitting with Damien Duff and Richie Sadlier on the football panel?
                Because they wanted someone who was successful at their chosen profession on the panel.

                Comment


                  The FAI are in front of an Oireachtas committee and they may as well be in front of a class of junior infants who just came in from yard on a sunny day.

                  Delaney refuses to answer any questions relating to his tenure as CEO and nobody has an issue with it, none of them ask direct questions and they waffle for ages before getting to the questions.

                  what a joke.

                  Comment


                    What did you expect? Once Delaney played the ‘can’t say nathin’ On legal advice‘ card, it was always going to be pure waffle
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                    Comment


                      Funding should not be restored until Delaney and his minions have been purged from the Organisation. Nothing but contempt shown for the government.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                        What did you expect? Once Delaney played the ‘can’t say nathin’ On legal advice‘ card, it was always going to be pure waffle
                        I wouldn’t blame him, the armchair ride he was given by a lot of TD’s should have them brought up in front of a committee. Healy Rae gave him a reference worthy of the top job in FIFA.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by desert man View Post
                          Funding should not be restored until Delaney and his minions have been purged from the Organisation. Nothing but contempt shown for the government.
                          And the clubs, the players, the public, the fans.... etc etc

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by lawrence View Post

                            I wouldn’t blame him, the armchair ride he was given by a lot of TD’s should have them brought up in front of a committee. Healy Rae gave him a reference worthy of the top job in FIFA.
                            Really Hay would turn up at anything to get coverage in the media. He’s not even on the committee
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                            Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                            Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                            Comment


                              When Delaney finished reading his statement and said that he would not be answering any questions, he should have been escorted off the premises.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                                When Delaney finished reading his statement and said that he would not be answering any questions, he should have been escorted off the premises.
                                ....unconscious

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X