The Football Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
    I agree. I'm a Liverpool Supporter, I'd like to see England win the tournament.

Faux 800 years oppression merchants can swivel.
    Be fantastic if they went all the way, the closest we will ever see the world cup!
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
      Bah. There was no expectation for this team, so even if they get knocked out in the semi final, most England fans will be delighted with the overall progress.

Then Irish people can go back to supporting Man U and Liverpool.
      Ah I'm only messing, I was rooting for them, I was more talking about the gutter press over there who will find a way to slaughter them if they don't win the final. Glad to see Russia gone, a team of dopers. I'm sure it's rampant in the sport but Russia are worse than most.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Possibility of England bring the cup back home?
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
          Possibility of England bring the cup back home?
          More than likely it will be the winner of the France v Belgium game. 2 real quality teams. I reckon England could beat Croatia though, the Croats look very tired.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

It's very open. On balance (and not just because I bet on them before the Brazil game) I think Belgium have the best chance.

If the Croats had beaten Russia in 90 mins I would have expected them to beat England, but with the extra time and pens I think it'll take a lot out of them.

I don't watch that much football bit I've enjoyed this world cup.
            Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Tonight I went bookie for a family gathering.
              Issue: who will win WC.
              Conclusions:
              Making money as a bookie is easy.
              Losing money as a bookie is easy.
              If England win I'm screwed,
              If France win I'm €10 up.

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!

Comment

Why not do what the real Bookies do?

Put eight quid on England with Paddy Power at eleven to four. That'll get you €30 back, if they win, which will reduce your exposure.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20180709-WA0000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	2494307

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17410[/ATTACH]
                    https://www.facebook.com/sirstevotim...oy-mTOi9dysp3Q
                    Life is good

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                      I agree. I'm a Liverpool Supporter, I'd like to see England win the tournament.

Faux 800 years oppression merchants can swivel.
                      It's nothing to do with 800 years for me, I just don't want them to win.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                        Me either, it's the fact that they'll be fcuking insufferable if they win and we'll never hear the end of it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
                        "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Lineker, Shearer and et al would become smarmy(ier) smug(ier) boys till the day they die, and that's reason enough to hope they don't win it. I find their playing group actually likeable enough, although I could do with less of Harry Kane's mouth breathiness.

I'll be Belgium and Croatia win the two semis.

Comment

But doesn't this show the issue is their media, rather than their team?

The team hasn't beaten anyone ranked below them in the competition yet, even Croatia are below them. Yet on the other side of the draw you've (3) Belgium V (7) France.

You'd say ya fair enough if you were a Germany or Brazil because there is nobody above you to beat but England are 12th! They are potentially going to a world cup final by beating sides ranked 13 or worse

The squad and management are outstripping their level at the moment, and may continue to do so against Croatia.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                              Good.

Comment

If they win I won't be able to watch MOTD for atleast 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X