The Football Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
    If Celtic are a "European soccer great" then I'm the Emperor of Borneo.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post

There's a vacancy for Jester at the Imperial Court, if you'd like to send me your CV.
      New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Sorry man, I'm not into monarchies.

Comment

Cracker of a match. France haven't been cut to shreds on their home patch like this since 1940. They are barely hanging in there.

Comment

Italian ref does Germany up like a kipper with a non existent penalty.

1-0 France at HT after being battered for 35+ minutes.

Comment

Aye great game, but that was a woeful decision. I'd still back Germany though.
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Never mind that airy-fairy stuff.

Cork City have just taken the lead against Linfield! It's 2 - 0 on aggregate. Piquet will be ecstatic.
                New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

I've just done a cooler on it and taken Germany at 6/1. France v Portugal final then.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
                    Never mind that airy-fairy stuff.

Cork City have just taken the lead against Linfield! It's 2 - 0 on aggregate. Piquet will be ecstatic.
                    I bet he was until they equalised five minutes later. Cork 2-1 up on aggregate, both have one away goal.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                      I've just done a cooler on it and taken Germany at 6/1.

France v Portugal final then.
                      Correct!

Comment

Given all that has gone on in France over the last 18 months you'd wonder whether or not there's an element of destiny about them.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                          I bet he was until they equalised five minutes later. Cork 2-1 up on aggregate, both have one away goal.
                          All over. Cork City are through! Linfield FC have Brexited Europe at Turners Cross!

Comment

I'm in the pub on the way home from the Cross, watching RTÉ's highlights. Germany had enough chances after they went 2-0 down to have won, or at least to have got it to ET.

Comment

Cronaldo crocked.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                                Cronaldo crocked.
                                Pity really. I'd have preferred the Swarthy Ones to lose with him on the pitch.

Mind you, if they can win without him, then that would be even better!

Comment

Working...
                                X