Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Football Thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Suarez was found guilty and admitted himself to using the word "negro". LFC acted disgracefully by making their players wear those T-shirts.

    There is a proud heritage in Liverpool, particularly because of the docks, of multiculturalism, and LFC did a massive disservice to the city and to the club with their cack handed approach to the whole sorry saga.

    I'm a Pool fan btw.
    Last edited by cilldioma; 8th-March-2012, 20:27.

    Comment


      Jaysus, lads, United are being played, not quite off the park, but they're a distinct second everywhere except on the scoreboard. 1-0 at the moment Live on 3e and at http://www.tv3.ie/3e/live.php in Ireland. Outside Ireland, go to http://www.uefa.com/ and see if they are streaming it.

      Comment


        The inevitible happens, Bilbao equalise, just before the half.

        Comment


          Good to see the hundreds of millions spent by Man city paid off tonight..;)
          On the Munster pack: "Mothers keep their photo on the mantelpiece to stop the kids going too near the fire." - Jim Noilly, BBC TV (1995)

          Comment


            The even more inevitable happens, Bilbao take a well deserved lead. It looks like United will be "free to concentrate on the League" from this night week.

            Comment


              Bilbao break up the right, a shot is saved by de Gea it rolls across the six yard box, Raphael stands and watches as a Bilbao forward follows up and scores.

              As I type Rooney scores from the Spot. 2-3 well into the third min of Injury Time.

              Corner for United, and another corner 94th min, finally over, 3-2 to Bilbao a very well-deserved win.

              Comment


                Bilboa were impressive.

                I'd imagine they will knock United out in the return fixture.
                Life is good

                Comment


                  that Penalty will see United through to the next round imo
                  Last edited by Bosco; 8th-March-2012, 21:12.
                  The Source for this post is The Internet
                  _________________________________
                  I don't know Jeff!
                  Munster Squad Tracker 2011/2012
                  Munster Squad Tracker 2010/2011

                  Comment


                    I find it incredible how blindly loyal and passionate Rugbyfans are about a truly brutal Sport that has strong associations with Racism, Hooliganism and has a general lack of integrity amongst its Players and Coaches, before we even mention Supporters. I think scum I think Giggs, I think Terry, Suarez. Theres many others.Dunphy is right about Barca, they are a credit to what's left of this Game...but who supports them? Nobody in Ireland. I think that tells its own Story. Decent post by CillDioma in fairness.
                    So I walked as day was dawning
                    Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                    Where we once watched the row boats landing
                    By the broad majestic shannon

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                      I find it incredible how blindly loyal and passionate Rugbyfans are about a truly brutal Sport that has strong associations with Racism, Hooliganism and has a general lack of integrity amongst its Players and Coaches, before we even mention Supporters. I think scum I think Giggs, I think Terry, Suarez. Theres many others.Dunphy is right about Barca, they are a credit to what's left of this Game...but who supports them? Nobody in Ireland. I think that tells its own Story. Decent post by CillDioma in fairness.
                      Get off your high horse and stop judging me.
                      Life is good

                      Comment


                        I have previously had the misfortune of coming across a number of your posts. Your clear lack of intelligence, (in any sane person's judgement), compliments, does it not?, your preferred sport perfectly. Hopefully you will continue to post on this thread in isolation, and spare those of us that usually meet your type at Dublin Zoo, your pointless and ignorant posts concerning a sport, (Rugby), you do not understand and know nothing about.
                        So I walked as day was dawning
                        Where small birds sang and leaves were falling
                        Where we once watched the row boats landing
                        By the broad majestic shannon

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                          Dunphy is right about Barca, they are a credit to what's left of this Game...but who supports them? Nobody in Ireland.
                          Lots of people do, they're one of the most supported teams in the country. The barstooler with a casual interest may not as coverage of La Liga and their champions league games is a lot lower than that of the English team but anyone with a passion for the sport will follow the greatest teams.

                          On Boards.ie, the Barca support thread has over 5,000 posts and 266,000 views. Its only a small way behind Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea for interest while being ahead of Celtic, Arsenal and every other thread on the forum. I dare say with the advent of the internet and greater access potential to teams and leagues that RTE and Sky don't like that the popularity of sides like Barca is rapidly rising.

                          Comment


                            There, Dowlinz, there are things on which we agree!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Dowlinz View Post
                              Lots of people do, they're one of the most supported teams in the country. The barstooler with a casual interest may not as coverage of La Liga and their champions league games is a lot lower than that of the English team but anyone with a passion for the sport will follow the greatest teams.

                              On Boards.ie, the Barca support thread has over 5,000 posts and 266,000 views. Its only a small way behind Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea for interest while being ahead of Celtic, Arsenal and every other thread on the forum. I dare say with the advent of the internet and greater access potential to teams and leagues that RTE and Sky don't like that the popularity of sides like Barca is rapidly rising.

                              The parents took us to Salou (yock!) when we were small, drove down to Barcelona for the day and did the stadium tour, its a Colosseum to football and they are as mental and passionate about their side as we are about Munster. They've always been a personal favourite of mine since, there are plenty who would do right by watching them, its how the game is supposed to be played. Skill wins, not am-dram buffoonery and deviousness (most of the time anyway)
                              I am the million man.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Cougar Moon View Post
                                I have previously had the misfortune of coming across a number of your posts. Your clear lack of intelligence, (in any sane person's judgement), compliments, does it not?, your preferred sport perfectly. Hopefully you will continue to post on this thread in isolation, and spare those of us that usually meet your type at Dublin Zoo, your pointless and ignorant posts concerning a sport, (Rugby), you do not understand and know nothing about.
                                So put me on ignore and your problem is solved, brainbox.
                                I really couldn't give a flying **** what you think of me so kiss my hairy ass.
                                Life is good

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X