No announcement yet.

The Football Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I don't really get soccer. I am starting to understand why they do so many protests and placards etc. They are generally bored
    My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

In general I don't think people go to sports games to be bored.

A small group of gallant and selfless Munster Rugby fans aside.

Comment

Paris SG beat Troyes 9-0 today to win the French league. They are 25 points ahead of Monaco with eight games left.

Ibrahimovich scored a ten minute hat-trick and ended up with four in the end.

Comment

He now has 13 league titles in 14 years, some record!
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

A goal worthy of winning a league, poor Newcastle have no answer
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Here I am on a March Monday night interested for the final whistle in a Leicester-Newcastle league match. Strange times.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

5 points clear with 8 games left and only Spurs can really catch them. Vardy could do with a few goals but Mahrez still looks good and that was a beauty of a goal tonight. Incidentally am not convinced Newcastle will go down, that was very good from them
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

A few corners to turn yet but spurs Newcastle on last day of season could be interesting
                  "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Kevin Doyle tweeted a picture of his gashed leg tonight:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kev.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	2487265

not nice.

There's a bigger picture at this link - but it's definitely not for the faint hearted or squeamish.

I wish him a rapid and full recovery.
                    New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

Comment

Was sure he must have broken his leg at the time. Thankfully it's "only" a gash and he won't have his chances of going to France ruined.

Comment

IS suicide bomber attacked a local soccer match in Iraq

http://www.rte.ie/news/world/2016/03...aq-fatal-bomb/

The bomber detonated his suicide vest as local officials were handing trophies to the players after a local tournament in the village of Al-Asriya, south of Baghdad.

"There are 32 dead and also 84 wounded, 12 of whom are in critical condition," an official said.

"Seventeen of those killed are boys aged between 10 and 16," the official added.
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Fecking brutal:-( There won't be too many global campaigns to mark this.
                          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Agreed GPS. Even though more than Half of the victims were 10-16 year old kids
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Lads

I am looking for tickets for the Ireland V Sweden game in Euro 2016 on Monday June 13th..

4 of us travelling from the 4 corners of the world and despite applying everywhere and anywhere we havent got a ticket between us..

If anyone knows anyone selling them or someone has a few spare lying around, please keep me in mind...

Thanks

Diarmuid

Comment

Leicester vs Southampton today, I can't claim to be a Leicester fan but it would be fantastic to see them win the title.

It's the most compelling story in english football since Brian Clough's Forest or maybe Howard Kendal's Everton.

Win today and they'll have opened up a 7 point gap with 6 games left.

Comment

Working...
                                X