X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah its a little worse than that...

Comment

[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
      Grandpa Simpson: The last time the meteors came, we thought the sky was on fire. Naturally, we blamed the Irish. We hanged more \'n a few.

Comment

Originally posted by gunners37

worse than being French??!
        g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
        -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
        -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by Chief
          I thought everyone knew he was French?
          Say that to Ozoyo and let's see how you get on.
          If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by NiallGK
            Originally posted by Chief
            I thought everyone knew he was French?
            Say that to Ozoyo and let's see how you get on.

why? has he no sense of humour or irony?
            g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
            -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
            -thomas sowell

Comment

munster supporter in cardiff at the 06 final shouting at the top of his voice - "i'd rather be a paki than a frog". some might consider it wrong to paint all rugby supporters with the same brush however.

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian

Originally posted by merawancha
                Most of it is just pent up anger really and the terraces are a place to let of some steam. You can seem like the big
                man by making sweeping statements (the interweb is even less personal I know...) and be relatively safe in your
                knowledge that you are the biggest hardest w*anker around.

About people shouting abuse at Jason Sherlock, there was an anti racism campaign which he and many other
                Irish household names took part in it was called kNOw Racism.

It will be interesting where our country goes in the coming years as a large number for foreign workers that are
                here now will actually stay and give our island some much needed genes to add to our pool. Obviously kids have
                to be taught to hate and to relate difference to fear and in turn that fear into aggression. Kids then grow up and
                teach their kids the same ol story. To break the cycle those people in the terraces etc need to be told to shut up.
                I've done it and I didn't have chuck norris beside me nor am i built like a brick-sh*t-house but they guy got the
                message as other people found their voice as well. Other times it might be some crap joke about starvation in
                africa in work, all it takes is a break in the cycle...

Now don't get me wrong I'm not captain planet at the weekend or anything but discrimination should not be
                tolerated especially by the people who often stand by but afterwards regret not doing/saying something. There
                will always be idiots to do it but hopefully their kids will be embarrassed rather than think it's hard and therefore
                "cool".

there have been a surprisingly highnumber of people of colour(that term in of itself sounds racist) in irish sports.

we've had Chris hughton,curtin fleming</span>,paul mcgrath,paul osam,jason sherlock,chantal gibney,the o hailpins.

even in other areas we've had john rocha,phil lynott,samantha mumba,that fellah sharkey whose first name i can think of. for a country thats so racially homogenous we've had a fait few non-white famous people in our society.

by most standards i dont think ireland is a particularly racist society. we may have some idiots in the crowds,but we dont have 10s of 1000s of people making monkey chants when a black player gets the ball like in spain or the balkans.

we dont have people turning up with fascist symbols at matches either like in italy.
                Any relation to Drapes Murphy?? [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Comment

very good...very good,CurtiS it is!
                  g\'wan bruff!!

-Barack Obama

-thomas sowell

Comment

Sorry Bruff couldn't help it[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                    Terry who? Look man I aint playing the name game up in here Theres a reason why Mr. Felcher chose me in the first round....I\'m an impact player!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X