}

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->
    The Times
    January 01, 2007

Mourinho feels heat as ruthless board reveals its displeasure

Matt Hughes

José Mourinho has been told by his superiors to sort out Chelsea’s performances or face the consequences. In an ominous message of intent, the Chelsea board has let it be known that it considers recent displays to have been unacceptable and is concerned at the damage that is being done to the club’s title prospects, with Manchester United six points clear at the top of the Barclays Premiership.

The Chelsea board maintains complete support for the manager who has won two successive Premiership titles, but has no time for Mourinho’s excuses for poor showings, most recently Saturday’s 2-2 draw at home to Fulham.

There is little sympathy in the boardroom for the injury problems afflicting the champions, with Petr Cech and John Terry out for some time, because Mourinho opted to have a small squad last summer and is suffering as a result.

Of greatest concern to board and manager is the hapless defending that is undermining Chelsea’s championship challenge, with four points dropped in their past two home matches, their worst run at Stamford Bridge under Mourinho.

Since Terry aggravated a back injury a fortnight ago, Chelsea have let in eight goals in four matches, more than they conceded in the first half of the 2004-05 season, when they let in only 15 goals over the entire campaign.

<P sty
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

What would they expect appointing JM! He Porto teams won the cups by cheating their way to win it. Porto were the underdogs and that suits JM style.

Now that JM has so much money to spend Chelsea are expected to win but the problem for JM is that they are a defensive team. He has brought in destructive players and made some terrible signings.

JM has managerial strengths but his tactical awareness is terrible.

Comment

Working...
    X