Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edwardo Broken Leg

Ouch

bad tackle. Wish him all the best in recovery. Not nice to see an injury like that to anyone.
    To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

terrible tackle. here is more

Comment

seriously nasty .. heard the todayfm reporters commenting that absolutely no replays of the tackle were shown anywhere in the stadium, even on the press screens.
        Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass
          seriously nasty .. heard the todayfm reporters commenting that absolutely no replays of the tackle were shown anywhere in the stadium, even on the press screens.

Sky Sports made the desicion not to air any replays because they thought it was too graphic. Now i see why.

Comment

How we managed a point out of that game I'll never know! [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hope the lad plays again - never nice seeing a player of his class injured as badly as that. Tiny Taylor would never go out to do something like that, and Wenger's comments at the end of the game were simply uncalled for - saying things like 'The guy should never be allowed to play football again' were simply trying todivert everyone's attention off Gallas' pathetic actions at the end of the game, in my view. Keep right on Tiny, and keep your chin up.

Comment

<DIV>You can understand Wenger being angry at the end, lost a player to a horrific injury and then couldn't beat a poor team that had ten men for 88 minutes. </DIV>
              <DIV></DIV>
              <DIV>Just reported that he has withdrawn his comments, so maybe he's calmed down, may even have talked to Taylor?</DIV>
              To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Comment

No interest in soccer but who ever did that stamp should not be allowed on any pitch again in any sport.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

What stamp?

Comment

Check out michaels link.
                    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Can't bring myself to look. I saw the David Buust pictures which gave me a few years of nightmares.

Comment

Link courtesy of Drick
                        Yeah with one foot in the grave and one foot on the pedal, I was born a rebel

Comment

I am amazed wenger actually saw it his usual excuse when arsenal do something is that he did not see it...had no problem with his eye sight yesterday.

Best of luck to him

Comment

I thought the poor man's foot was about to fall off. I wouldn't call it malicious though. Just an over eager tackle that went horribly wrong. Hope Eduardo makes it back onto the pitch in future though.
                            The trick is getting to the second set of horses.

Comment

I am a Gooner, and while I am gutted to lose Eduardo, I reckon that the tackle was purely accidental. I read today that the Croation press and fans have been giving him ( Taylor)grief since the incident, and he even received death threats. I feel sorry for the lad.

BTW, how come nobody in the media is questioning how easily his ankle was shattered. Surely they should be implementing some sort of rule that soccer players have to wear those shinguards with the ankle protectors. I know pro's don't like wearing them, but surely they might have softened the impact of the tackle.
                              Wally_fan 25/04/09
                              \"bump bump bump, trying to keep the thread up there. holy mary im drunk. and in love with trish. although you all dont care about that. doesnt matter, i still love her\"

Comment

Working...
                              X