Christmas Reads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Reads

Just got a present of On The Shoulders Of Giants by S. Hawkings. Browsing through it I reckon I'll be finished it by the next Big Bang. Too much calculus under the bridge I'm afraid. Anyone any idea how to tackle it? When is the Beano Annual out?

I'm reading a lot of Jared Diamond at the moment. Fascinating stuff.
    Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

I started reading "The last days of Socrates". To my eternal shame I have not progressed past the introduction.

Comment

It takes a while MIG. I studied it in Philosophy in first year

Comment

Originally posted by mullet is gone
          I started reading "The last days of Socrates". To my eternal shame I have not progressed past the introduction.

Don't bother. He dies anyway.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick
            Just got a present of On The Shoulders Of Giants by S. Hawkings. Browsing through it I reckon I'll be finished it by the next Big Bang. Too much calculus under the bridge I'm afraid. Anyone any idea how to tackle it? When is the Beano Annual out?

Are you mad man? You're not supposed to read them. Even he doesn't know what they mean. They're for putting on your bookshelf for when you bring a bird back to show her your etchings, next to War and Peace and The Female Eunuch.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

just get the munster books .. you'll be grand then.

Has anyone gotten the Lansdowne Road book yet ? Any opinions ?
              Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Just thought I would lower the tone a bit.There is a new book out about the Pouges.Supposed to be very good.
                I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

Are you mad man? You're not supposed to read them. Even he doesn't know what they mean. They're for putting on your bookshelf for when you bring a bird back to show her your etchings, next to @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">War and Peace@@@@/SPAN> and The Female Eunuch.

Guarantee score if it's in Russian. If you can read even a paragraph aloud in a convincing Russian accent, then name your pleasure.

Of course, that might just be me. [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]
                  Hope Not Hate

Comment

Maybe if you go to the last day MIG. Save you a lot of time. What is time anyway? I always thought it was something tangible. Now I've discovered it is really a mathematical model interlinked with space and worse it's bent ( not gay).I always thought relativity was something cousins did in the dark. Now I discover that it's to do with relative motion. No, not relatives motions!

Comment

Don't bother. He dies anyway.

Clearly an uneducated cretin like yourself has not read any of the very credible sequels.

Comment

Originally posted by Aoifs
                        It takes a while MIG. I studied it in Philosophy in first year

As did the sister I robbed it from.

Comment

While Im here...

There is a film based on my favourite novel in the world ever (Patrick Susskind's Perfume)out soonish so expect to see it in easons with a repackagedglossy coveron it. If you find yourself lost in town armed with a book token be sure tobuy it, youcanthank me later.

It'll either bea fantastic film or the greatest pile of steaming manure you ever came across. Its one of those stories people assumeis unfilmable until somone pulls it off.

Comment

Maybe if you go to the last day MIG. Save you a lot of time. What is time anyway? I always thought it was something tangible. Now I've discovered it is really a mathematical model interlinked with space and worse it's bent ( not gay).I always thought relativity was something cousins did in the dark. Now I discover that it's to do with relative motion. No, not relatives motions!

Ill catch Stephenin the corner of a pub and explain my grand unified theorey of everything

"You see....hic.....its all just a load of bollock really"

Comment

Originally posted by ~Cat~

Are you mad man? You're not supposed to read them. Even he doesn't know what they mean. They're for putting on your bookshelf for when you bring a bird back to show her your etchings, next to @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold">War and Peace@@@@/SPAN> and The Female Eunuch.

Guarantee score if it's in Russian. If you can read even a paragraph aloud in a convincing Russian accent, then name your pleasure.

Of course, that might just be me. [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                              \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Working...
                              X