Television Repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Television Repairs

I'm looking for recommendations for a good, quick, reliable television repair person in Limerick or Shannon that could come out to Shannon.

We have a 28" Sharp widescreen which yesterday started making a loud hum and then a crackle over the centre channel speaker and only over the centre channel speaker.

We need to have it done before Christmas (for obvious enough reasons).
    Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

Hibernicis natione, Mumhan per gratiam Dei

Can't be too sure but do Urlan TV in Newmarket-on-Fergus still do TV repairs?? Give them a ring.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

I used a guy once that I got from the golden pages. He came to the house, took away the TV and then rang with the bad news that the TV couldn't be fixedand dropped back the TV. He charged me something like €20 for doing the diagnosis and coming to the house twice etc.

It was also a 28" widescreen and only about 3 years old but tough luck for me I just had to buy a new one.

He couldn't fix it but I was impressed with his efficency. I can't remember much about him other than he was out around the Crescent shopping centre or Raheen I think.

Comment

I've used that guy before as well. Did a really good, quick job.
        Trouble of course is that I lost his number and he's not in this years Golden Pages.
        Anybody recognise the description?

Comment

Can anybody put a name or number to this description...
          A television repair guy last known around Raheen, very quick, very good.
          Anybody?

Comment

Ring Micray in Thomas St.Limerik. I'm pretty sure they don't do calls but might be able to put you on to someone.
            The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Dermot Carroll based in Coosane, just outside Birdhill. Have used him twice and couldn't fault the guy. Came to the house, installed fully etc. also sells recoditioned TVs etc. Will PM you his number.

Comment

Thanks guys,
                got a name for the guy from my post above. Ray Lyons is the guy.
                I'll let you know how I get on.

Comment

Have you rang him yet? John Ahern in Shannon is really good too

Comment

Rang and left a message, If I don't get any joy I'll try John Ahern.
                    But Ray Lyons provided a fantastic service to us the last time.
                    It was the simplest and most impressive household repair we've had yet.

Comment

My 3-year-old Samsung has no picture today, but has sound. I checked the Scart connector, but all the pins look OK.

Any reputable TV repair locations in Limerick these days?
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
                        My 3-year-old Samsung has no picture today, but has sound. I checked the Scart connector, but all the pins look OK.

Try a hdmi lead. Superior to start.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

If you're using an older sky box then plug it out and plug it back in after a minute or so. My older one does that from time to time
                          I am the million man.

Comment

Television Repairs

Ok thanks both - will check later.
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Happened to my 3 year old Samsung just before the RWC, write off I'm afraid. If your looking for a replacement try Richer Sounds in Belfast, much cheaper than anyone here and a full 6 year warranty.
                              We'll engrave your name in gold, as we did in days of old.
                              Roll along lovely Axel, roll along.

Comment

Working...
                              X