A second man arrested near Ipswich

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A second man arrested near Ipswich

According to RTE Radio 1 news a 37 year old man has been arrested at his home near Felixtowe on suspiscion of murdering the five women in Ipswich.

If its him, hang him by the balls

Comment

Good news. I hope the cops do their job properly, and if this guy committed these crimes, he gets put away. Permanently.

Comment

Reports (unconfirmed) that the guy is a policeman. A policeman was on the suspect list as he was a client of two of the girls
        No one has won without failing at first. Ask my Wife !!

Comment

Wouldnt surprise me seeing as the guy aparently had a very good knowledge of forensics

Comment

Yahoo news says it's a 37 year old supermarket worker. Also says police didn't name him but the Yahoo report does.
            Hope Not Hate

Comment

etectives hunting the killer of five Suffolk prostitutes have arrested a man.

Detective Chief Superintendent Stewart Gull revealed the news at a press conference. Here is his full statement:

"Detectives investigating the murders of five women in the Ipswich area have today arrested a man.

"The 37-year-old man was arrested at his home address in Trimley, near Felixstowe, at approximately 7.20am this morning.

"He
              has been arrested on the suspicion of murdering all five women. Gemma
              Adams, Tania Nicol, Anneli Alderton, Paula Clennell and Annette
              Nicholls.

"The man is currently in custody at a police station in Suffolk where he will be questioned about the details later today.

"We will not be naming the police station where the man is being held.

"As legal proceedings are now active, Suffolk Police will not be issuing any further comment or appeals at this stage."

Comment

Supermarket worker*** ******** has been arrested on suspicion of murdering five prostitutes in Suffolk. The 37-year-old was arrested where he lived in Trimley, a small town near the port of Felixstowe, at 7.20am.

The news was delivered by Det Chief Supt Stewart Gull at a press conference in Ipswich.

The man is in custody at a police station in Suffolk and will be questioned later today.

Mr Gull did not name the man or say exactly where he was being held.

He said: "He has been arrested on the suspicion of murdering all five women - Gemma Adams, Tania Nicol, Anneli Alderton, Paula Clennell and Annette Nicholls."

The bodies of the women were found naked in rural locations south of Ipswich.

Gemma Adams, 25, was found in Belstead Brook at Hintlesham on December 2.

Tania Nicol was found at Copdock on December 8; Paula Clennell, 24, at Levington on December 12, and Annette Nicholls, 29, also at Levington on the same day.

Police have not said how Miss Adams, Miss Nicol and Miss Nicholls died but Miss Clennel was killed as a result of "compression" to the neck.

The inquests into four of the deaths have been postponed.

The murders sparked a major police manhunt and created massive public interest.

Vicky Hall, 17, was murdered after vanishing from her home in Trimley St Mary in 1999. Her naked body was found in a water-filled ditch 25 miles away five days later. Police believe she died of asphyxia. A 27-year-old Felixstowe businessman was accused of her murder but found not guilty by a jury.

Police have not linked the murders to Ms Hall's killing

Comment

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...244453,00.html

I think we can name him ! What an idiot.

http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/n...dline=ripper-h unt%2D-the-suspect%26method=full%26objectid=18275623%26sitei d=62484-name_page.html
                  <DIV =M2FullADate>17 December 2006</DIV>
                  <DIV =M2FullAline>RIPPER HUNT: THE SUSPECT</DIV>
                  <DIV =M2FullAStandfirst>EXCLUSIVE RIPPER HUNT: THE SUSPECT The girls were the 5 best looking prostitutes in Ipswich There is something about me women do not like</DIV>
                  <DIV =M2FullAByline>Interview By Michael Duffy</DIV>
                  A PRIME SUSPECT in the Ipswich Ripper killings can today be revealed as supermarket worker Tom Stephens, who has been questioned FOUR TIMES by police.
                  The Sunday Mirror tracked down the 37-year-old loner and he chillingly confessed between sobs: "I am a friend of all the girls, ...but I don't have any alibis."
                  Sobbing uncontrollably, recently-divorced Stephens, 37, says he became the girls' "protector" and would have had "complete opportunity" to carry out the crime as "the girls trusted me so much".

<DIV =center></DIV>

SUSPECT: Tom Stephens

He also admits he could be arrested in connection with their murders as he fits the profile of the Ipswich Ripper but strenuously denies any involvement.

Well-spoken Stephens said he has been questioned under caution by cops hunting the killer and had his home and car searched by forensic teams.

Yesterday Suffolk police sources confirmed to the Sunday Mirror that Stephens was a suspect in the murders of Tania Nichol, 19, Gemma Adams, 25, Annette Nicholls, 29, Anneli Alderton, 24, and Paula Clennell, 24.

During an emotional interview with our reporter, he said: "I'm a friend of all the girls. I was closest to Tania. And Gemma as well. I was close to others as well. But I should have been there to watch over them." He also said: "I don't have alibis for some of the times - actually I'm not entirely sure I have tight alibis for any of the times. But I'm not worried about being charged - I'm innocent."

Stephens turned to the street-walking prostitutes of Ipswich 18 months ago after his eight-year marriage collapsed.

He grew close to all of the area's prostitutes but was especially devoted to Tania, who was the first to be murdered. He said he was the "nearest thing to a boyfriend" she had. He said he was also close to Gemma, who went missing at the same time as Tania.

And he said that the killer had picked off the five "prettiest" prostitutes in Ipswich.

He said: "Gemma and Tania, the ones I was closest to are the best looking girls who do this in Ipswich. In fact, they were probably the top five. Over time I have been involved with most of the girls. If you count, there are about 50 over the last year."

And he added: "From the police profiling it does look like me - white male between 25 and 40, knows the area, works str

Comment

I know trial by media is wrong and all, but what the f**k did he think he was doing giving that interview?
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Unbelievable. Takes my mind back to the Soham killings and interviews.

Comment

That's bizarre. "Look at me, look at me".
                        Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy

I know trial by media is wrong and all, but what the f**k did he think he was doing giving that interview?

Probably a similar reason to why OJ Simpson wrote a book called "If I Did It"....it helps to get things off your chest sometimes..."Out damn'd spot"

EDIT:Not suggesting thathe is guilty (nothing has been proved), but he needs to get something off his mind, which may be just that is a buyer of prostitutes

Comment

Originally posted by Snamh
                            Originally posted by Balla Boy

Probably a similar reason to why OJ Simpson wrote a book called "If I Did It"....it helps to get things off your chest sometimes..."Out damn'd spot"

True. Or maybe people who can't stop themselves want to be stopped. Could just be the desire for notoriety though.

Either way, isn't it odd how these days we move so quickly to the "oh, he did it" position and trials are seen as a formality?

Not saying he didn't do it, and that's as weird an interview as I've ever read, but trials these days seem to be less about proving someones guilt or innocence and more about seeing if the police can get a conviction.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Weird interview , he tries to make himself out as a Guardin angel for the girls .the media reckon that the only reason he has been arrested is because he has stated that he has no alibi for when the girls were killed yet the times of death have never been mentioned in the media or otherwise.I think if you have done an interview like this then the police are obligated to do something.
                              \"As she lay there dozing next to me, one voice inside my head kept saying, \'Relax, you\'re not the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients\', but the another kept reminding me, \' you are a veterinarian!\'\"

Comment

Working...
                              X