This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m never paying my TV license again

After last nights Pope and Hook programme I want to remove RTE from Sky planner and never watch that station again.

Who on earth decided to let John Hayes Mrs discuss the merits of the Munster front row and who on earth let Hook and Pope argue the toss with her? I was waiting for her to hit George with her umbrella or start crying or both!.

Coming soon.....A Guide to fishing by Captain Birds Eye's wife and Selling Houses by the the Wife of some lad who is an Estate Agent. It wasnt even funny it was so awful. All it needed was Gerry Ryan to come out and tell us about the mechanics of the line out to cap it all off.

What was wrong with Bulls wife discussing the merits of the front row ?

She is, afterall, an Irish international rugby player so knows what she is on about.

[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Did you see it?

Comment

No..but it's not like she is clueless about rugby is it ?

Comment

ps - So is Denis Hickie and no one asks him about the front row.

Comment

I saw it, did not see any sign ofher thinking of hitting Hook or crying.
            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

But does Captain Birdseye's wife catch fish for a living ? Does the wife of some estate agent also sell houses for a living ? If yes, they are quite capable of enlightening others on their husbands job.

If not, I see your point...but in this case the person interviewed does have an insight to what her husband does as she also does much the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud
                I saw it, did not see any sign ofher thinking of hitting Hook or crying.
                Ok, I stand corrected. It was absolute quality viewing with excellent analysis and many interesting points raised. It was in no way an embarassment to everyone involved at all.

Ps - Hows it going John.

Comment

Originally posted by CardiffMatt

But does Captain Birdseye's wife catch fish for a living ? Does the wife of some estate agent also sell houses for a living ? If yes, they are quite capable of enlightening others on their husbands job.

If not, I see your point...but in this case the person interviewed does have an insight to what her husband does as she also does much the same thing.
                  My wife uses the PC at home and for her own work purposes but as much as I love her I wouldnt want her discussing my proficiency of SQL databases on national TV.

Comment

I didn't see it so can't comment on whether it was s**te or not...either way i don't really care.

You said 'Coming soon.....A Guide to fishing by Captain Birds Eye's wife and Selling Houses by the the Wife of some lad who is an Estate Agent.'

And my point is that she is a rugby player aswell so it shouldn't come as a surprise that she was interviewed. If she was a nuclear physisist, I would agree with you...

Comment

If it was that bad why did you watch it?

Some of it was interesting George was asked why he had such a downer on the Irish and Munster front row, he answered and gave his view point others chipped in with their view. Not quite master mind but my kids enjoyed it, especially DOC's fashion statement.
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by SkibRed
                        Originally posted by CardiffMatt

My wife uses the PC at home and for her own work purposes but as much as I love her I wouldnt want her discussing my proficiency of SQL databases on national TV.

Do you and your wife have the same occupation ?

Comment

If the programme was about the Irish women's international rugby team would you object to John Hayes talking about their front row?

If my OH and I were both in the same profession I wouldn't see any _professional_ issue in one of us being called upon to discuss the other's work. Might cause some _personal_ issues at home though.[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]
                          For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

I'm wondering if you were watching it Skib?? Serious question! Fiona said, very tongue in cheek, that John had 68 caps, two Triple Crowns, a European Cup, so as far as she was concerned that proved he could do the job.

She also said, again very tongue in cheek, that she was delighted that someone (i.e. GH) had solved the problem of where John was going wrong. She was going home to tell him that his legs were in the wrong place and then all would be well. And she specifically said that she wasn't there to discuss John or the Munster front row but the camera and GH kept comin back to her on it.

Also, seeing as it's a discussion and debate-type show isn't she, and anyone else, entitled to her opinion/comment on any aspect of the game? And I'm fairly sure with her 62 caps in 4 different positions that she knows way more about the game than most of us -me definitely.
                            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I am waiting for it on the rte website.. it's usually ready to be viewed by now.. but so far.. nothing....
                              He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X