No announcement yet.

Princess Di’s death - your views

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had little time for her (or any of the royals) in life and even less ten years after her death. I do object to the amount of taxpayers' money wasted on a two-year inquest that won't make a hap'orth of difference in shutting up Al-Fayad and the conspiracy theorists.

My heart sank when I heard about the pop concert being arranged to celebrate her 10th anniversary and not just at the bland quality of the music being suggested.

Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

Originally posted by Dermot G
      I'm with Fitzy on this.

She got a raw deal on life.

Raw deal? seriously?

Yep. To use BB's words..."Rough deal to the extent that she had an unhappy marriage and died young".

Comment

<!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        window.open = SymWinOpen;
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->I always thought the whole conspiracy theory thing was a bit far fetched. The only thing that bugged me at the time was why it took so long for her to reach the hospital.

I saw a documentary about the tragedy recently and apparently the ambulance crew stopped several times alont the route to the hospital to give CPR. The ambulance also had to travel very slowly.

Verdict: Tragic accident and a tragic loss.

<!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

//->
        "This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

To see any mother die young is awful. Because she was a Princess, some people feel a lot less sympathy for her and her family, which is a shame.

Genuinely, I think she was different form the rest of the Royals.

But what freaks me out, from a personal viewpoint, is that it is nearly ten years ago. Where have the years gone!
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by munsterforever

course she was murdered-even an idiot can see that
            <!-
            var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
            var SymReal;

Sym()
            {
            if(SymReal != null)
            SymReal();
            }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
            {
            SymReal&#079;nLoad();
            SymReal = window.;
            window. = Sym;
            }

//->

Maybe it's only idiots who think that. I would love to see the Royal Family hung out to dry for something like this but, no mystery here.
            "This was the performance Ireland had been threatening all championship but had only managed to produce in fits and starts. Defeats at the hands of France and Wales had put paid to their title aspirations, never mind a Grand Slam, but yesterday’s emphatic 24-8 win shows that this is a team moving in the right direction."

The Irish Times after Ireland beat England at Lansdowne Road on 19/03/11

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

To see any mother die young is awful. Because she was a Princess, some people feel a lot less sympathy for her and her family, which is a shame.

Genuinely, I think she was different form the rest of the Royals.

But what freaks me out, from a personal viewpoint, is that it is nearly ten years ago. Where have the years gone!
              I think it was the implication that because she was a good-looking princess we should feel more sympathy that got me. The mass hysteria was startling and hard to fathom. I did/do feel sorry for her children and her family, but not more than I feel for a co-worker today, who has lost her 24 year old son-in-law to a brain tumour.

But your final point - can't disagree with that. I demand a recount, it can't possibly be ten years!
              Hope Not Hate

Comment

Ten years

If it was a conspiracy it was a rubbish one, in that people are still wondering about it.

I stand by my original theory: she robbed a flag and Serge Blanco had her done in.
                For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

10 years? My dog is older then I thought.
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by ~Cat~

But your final point - can't disagree with that. I demand a recount, it can't possibly be ten years!

It's tough to believe that it has been almost ten years alright. I remember being in my living room watching earthworm jim when a big "Breaking News" text telling me to switch to BBC appeared on the screen. Never having seen one of these before I was obviously excited as to what it could be, so I waited 10 minutes for earthworm jim to finish, obviously, and then switched over to see the beginning of that truly overblown outpouring of grief.

What's even more worrying is how little has changed in 10 years.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                    "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by CardiffMatt
                      Who cares...
                      ditto..........
                      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta

I remember being in my living room watching earthworm jim when a big "Breaking News" text telling me to switch to BBC appeared on the screen....I waited 10 minutes for earthworm jim to finish, obviously

Earthworm Jim [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img] A true classic (and if I was slightly more of a bollix I'd say that IMHO the loss of EJ was a greater blow to the world at large than the loss of PD [img]smileys/wink.gif[/img])
                        For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

yeah ,tragix c death and all and you have to feel sorry for hwer family,however im not too pushed about thw hwole thing sinse,its equivalent to if i heard tomorrow that the prince of spain died,id be surprised,but it wouldnt worry me 10 years later
                          g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                          -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                          -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

Yes funny how I remember that weekend as though it was yesterday. But cant remember a lot of what happened last weekend[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                            www.canvasclubshop.com

Comment

Two things came out of this death and unfortunately neither of them lasted much more than a week after the funeral: A healthy hatred of the tabloid press and their methods of reporting and a healthy hatred on the royal family for keeping their heads down. In fact, the Queen shed more tears when the royal yatch was decommissioned than she did for her grandkids mother. What a horrible shower they are including jug head who the press have pulled out all the stops to get people to accept him again.
                              There are only two roads, victory for the working class, freedom, or victory for the fascists which means tyranny. Both combatants know what\'s in store for the loser.

Buenaventura Durruti

Comment

Originally posted by Ronnie

Two things came out of this death and unfortunately neither of them lasted much more than a week after the funeral: A healthy hatred of the tabloid press and their methods of reporting and a healthy hatred on the royal family for keeping their heads down. In fact, the Queen shed more tears when the royal yatch was decommissioned than she did for her grandkids mother. What a horrible shower they are including jug head who the press have pulled out all the stops to get people to accept him again.

Spot on mate.
                                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Working...
                                X