PS2 on LCD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 on LCD?

Does anyone know anything about playing PS2 or XBOX on LCD televisions?

Does it cause damage or burn the tube out?

Help [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

\" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

<!-
    var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
    var SymReal;

Sym()
    {
    window.open = SymWinOpen;
    if(SymReal != null)
    SymReal();
    }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
    {
    if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
    SymReal&#079;nLoad();
    window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
    SymReal = window.;
    window. = Sym;
    }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
    window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

shouldn't think so, sure cant you play all those games on LCD monitors on a PC

have you done damage?
    The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

There is no tube in an LCD!!!

And it doesn't cause any damage. Unless you leave it on the same screen for a few days, by which time it will burn onto your screen. Not very likely!!

A PS2 will cause the same amount of damage as a tv signal would. Very very little when the picture is changing regularly.
      It happened, and I was there.
      4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
      What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Havent done anything but somebody said to me that a PS2 will be burn out an lcd tv much quicker than an ordinary one?

[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]
        \" 220 horses, i gotta gun, a siren, a tank full of city gas....DON\'T YOU LOVE IT\"

Comment

When I first read that, I thought it was PS2 on LSD and I thought to
          myself that that woudn't be the best idea! I've a PS2 on a HD ready LCD
          screen, and have had no worries with it.

Comment

Originally posted by theprop
            When I first read that, I thought it was PS2 on LSD and I thought to
            myself that that woudn't be the best idea! I've a PS2 on a HD ready LCD
            screen, and have had no worries with it.

how long are u using the PS2 on it?

Comment

Quick question, can I play my PS2 on an old computer monitor (16" Flat panel lcd)?

Comment

Yes
                It happened, and I was there.
                4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
                What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

oh what to do ................

Anybody recommend a good lcd brand?

Comment

I presume I can buy the connection in any electrial shop Ballyman?

Comment

LCD's are fine but I believe Plasma's are a little prone to burn from consoles. however if you just switch to a channell with static every 45min or so it is supposed to avoid burn (primarily from static objects like score boards and life bars etc)

if you leave any static image on the screen it can burn in but it does take a while

on the subject of HDTV's, whats the story with them? Did I hear that there is HDTV Compatible Tv's that can show HDTV channells but are not HD quality, and then there are HDTV's which are top class quality?

"Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by bedstuybosco

Originally posted by theprop
                        When I first read that, I
                        thought it was PS2 on LSD and I thought to myself that that woudn't be
                        the best idea! I've a PS2 on a HD ready LCD screen, and have had no
                        worries with it.

how long are u using the PS2 on it?
                        I'd say seven or eight months. Not massive use, but have left it on
                        when I've had to pop out for an hour or two, obviously not the best
                        idea, but haven't had any issues. It's a Sharp Aquos LCD screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger

on the subject of HDTV's, whats the story with them? Did I hear that there is HDTV Compatible Tv's that can show HDTV channells but are not HD quality, and then there are HDTV's which are top class quality?

Older LCD's and plasma's are technically able to show HD images ( have DVI inputs which are the same as HDMI inputsbar the sound), the trouble is that HDCP copyright coding is needed in the TV to show true HD images, so older LCD /plasmaTV's won't fully show HD, the picture will be scaled back to about half HD. So, your tv needs a HDCP chip in it to be truely HD, that's the difference.

Comment

so if i buy a tv tomorrow that says its an LCD HDTV (obvioulsy I'll ask as well) it should be a HDTV quality tv?
                            "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger
                              so if i buy a tv tomorrow that says its an LCD HDTV (obvioulsy I'll ask as well) it should be a HDTV quality tv?

That's right, once it says it's 'Hd ready' then it should be fine, the key is the HDCP copyright coding to have that, beyond that it's ac case of checking the normal spec, 720p/1080i( native resolution of same or higher)etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X