No announcement yet.

Car blaze victims ’not welcome on estate’

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So sewa, would you love Cork's eqivalent family to move in next to you? I guess you'd be over with a hamper and cakes.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Sewa,

Have you experienced this before?The council buy the house next to you and move in a family of scumbags (not referring to the Murrays here at all). Not only the Council, but also the Health Boardare doing it. It means that once quiet neighbourhoods become s**tholes and its happening all across Limerick.

The thing is thatlocalCC's and TD's are presnented with petitions or personal requests all the time and get the families moved on the whole time. Its a cycle.

Point 1. Nothing new here.

Point 2.I would object to it happening next door to me.

How about you??

Comment

Originally posted by sewa
        Originally posted by mullet is gone

Its the councils job to house people, not to bow down to public pressure. These people must be housed somewhere and if we get to a situation where the neighbours get to pick who can and cant move in its lunacy.

If rehousing this family places constituents in danger do you think its appropriate that they be placed there.

I would suggest that if the council carried out actions without considering the opinionsinterests of the people they represent then that would lunacy.

So what about the people currently living next tocriminals? Can they all get together petitions and have the council remove them. Perhaps weshouldhave anyone ever convicted of a crime thrown out on the streets?

Can we put them in prison instead?

If you put a strawberry in a calculator does that mean you cant use a toilet on a Tuesday (seeing as we are asking irrelevant questions we might as well try and jazz up the thread a bit)

Comment

So all decisions taken by political representatives should be decided on the basis of Nimbyism. We would have no dumps, recycling centres, incinerators, factories, local authority housing, prisons, airportsor anything else people didnt want to live next door to. This might lead to chronic crime,dreadful transport infrastructureetc but it wouldnt matter as our main concern would be living under a mountain of rubbish.

The fact is these people must be housed somewhere and the decision will be unpopular no matter where they go.
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by who?

Who do you think the council is supposed torepresent?

All its constituents, not just the noisy.

Agreed. Youve missed the point but agreed nonetheless.
            Sorry if so.

I thought you were suggesting the council should bow to public pressure; and that's not necessarily a good idea.
            Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
            "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

So all decisions taken by political representatives should be decided on the basis of Nimbyism. We would have no dumps, recycling centres, incinerators, factories, local authority housing, prisons, airportsor anything else people didnt want to live next door to. This might lead to chronic crime,dreadful transport infrastructureetc but it wouldnt matter as our main concern would be living under a mountain of rubbish.

The fact is these people must be housed somewhere and the decision will be unpopular no matter where they go.

Where has anyone said that?

The way you set out to win debates bytaking somonespoint, reinventing it andoffering a rebuttal in thesame post...........thatsall kinds of special.

I have to admit its been a trying day but I can always count on you you to light up my day. You're a hero Sewa. Nothing short of it.

Comment

Why must they be housed anywhere by the council?
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

Sorry Joey your right. On top of having being the victims of one of the mostsavageattacks ever witnessed in this country as if that wasnt bad enough we shouldmake these children homeless. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic

Sorry Joey your right. On top of having being the victims of one of the mostsavageattacks ever witnessed in this country as if that wasnt bad enough we shouldmake these children homeless. [img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

You reallyare the gift that keeps giving.

Comment

And you Mullet appear to be incapable of backing up your argument. Is that because its complete BS? I think so. [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Imagine having to tell that family that they will now not get a house before christmas because their new neighbours aren't the welcoming sort

Comment

Having lived next to a lunatic who once ended up with a SWAT team on the front garden and showed up on my doorstep wielding a claw hammer, I can share people's concerns here.

The question is where are the council supposed to put people that no one wants to live near?

I also (once the gun nut next store was moved on) saw the arrival of a fairly notorious family who used their relocation to a nicer area with nicer neighbours as a fresh start and were perfectly good neighbours.

This case is a difficult one, as no one has had the foresight, it seems, to put in place a set of objective criteria against which a community can object to individuals being moved in.

Maybe conditional housing? You can have the house, but i you do this, this and thatyou're out?

But then you have to move them on somewhere, don't you? You can't throw kids out on the road.

Hopefully, the rambling nature of that contribution reflects my confusion. I'm off to clearer cut waters on another thread I think.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

And you Mullet appear to be incapable of backing up your argument. Is that because its complete BS? I think so. [img]smileys/cool.gif[/img]

Good grief! Did you high-five yourself using both hands when you sent that off?

Comment

Originally posted by eracoto
                              Imagine having to tell that family that they will now not get a house before christmas because their new neighbours aren't the welcoming sort

These people had a house in Moyross, why did they leave that if they wanted to avoid being homeless?

Simple answer: Kids got firebombed

Why were the kids firebombed, was there a motive or was it a random attack?

Complicated answer??

You reap what you sow.

Comment

Originally posted by wildRover

Originally posted by eracoto

These people had a house in Moyross, why did they leave that if they wanted to avoid being homeless?

Simple answer: Kids got firebombed

Why were the kids firebombed, was there a motive or was it a random attack?

Complicated answer??

You reap what you sow.

What did the kids sow?

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X