Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Burning Software

I have a problem

Up to now I had been using Nero Vision Express 3 to convert and burn .avi files to full DVD files so I could play them on my DVD player at home. However,Nero has gone arse over titfor some reason and won't allow me to burn them anymore, statint that "Nero is unable to attach files"

So, I downloaded DeepBurner (freeware) and had a go at this. It burns the .avi file as an .avi file onto the DVD but this won't play on my DVD player as it doesn't have the DIVx codecs.

What is a man to do?? Does anyone have any idea what software I can use to do this?? All the films I downloaded are in .avi format and I need to get them converted.

Thanks.
    It happened, and I was there.
    4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
    What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Unless your DVD player has the codecs installed (i.e is DIVx or Xvid compatible) it won't play the DVD. Its completely hit and miss I am afraid as to which will and which won't play those DVDs - although typically the newer DVD models will.

If you are investing in a new player, something like this will play it back no problem .

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Had a similar issue lately, the deepburner s/ware was handy for converting WMV to MPEG. Here's a link to some s/ware that converts avi to mpeg, it gives a 30 use trial, on download.com.

Comment

Sorted.DownloadedConvertXtoDVD. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

It's free for 30 days and then pay €32.99 for it or you can search for a serial number and use that. That would be illegal of course so I wouldn't recommend anybody doing it.
        It happened, and I was there.
        4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
        What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Working...
        X