X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote HUGO CHAVEZ Time person of the year

Send a message to America here
    http://www.time.com/time/personoftheyear/2006/walkup/

Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

just because you dont like america,doesnt measn you have to like chavez. i think hes basically well meaning,but in the long run i dont think he'll do venezuela any good
    g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
    -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
    -thomas sowell

Comment

I'm going to be ill
      Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

just looked at the options,dont really want to back any if them to be honest
        g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
        -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
        -thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian
          just looked at the options,dont really want to back any if them to be honest
          can you think of anyone else who should be on the list? The award is not intended for those people who are a force for good like the Nobel Peace Prize, or for those who represent a certain point of view, but rather for those who @@@@SPAN ="poll_text_2">"most affected the news and our lives, for good or for ill,
          and embodied what was important about the year".@@@@/SPAN>

Comment

If you base your vote solely on the guidelines presented by that website then it would be hard to look past Dubya. Hard to think that anyone else on the list affected the news to such a degree.

Wouldn't vote for Chavez anyway though, I'd rather show my dislike for American foreign policy in some other way than voting for that looper.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Hugo Chavez in the lead with32% [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

<DIV>Can we vote for Paddy The Plasterer?</DIV>
                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Funny, Bush and Gore are neck and neck again...[img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian
                    just because you dont like america,doesnt measn
                    you have to like chavez.
                    I never said I didn't like america. it's just a country, with lots of people,
                    and some of them think their government is behaving badly

ANYWAY if Chavez wins then the US will probably have to invade Time
                    magazine - and probably put Pinochet on the front- So you can be
                    part of history.

Vote Now.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Actually the US is a country where most of the people know their government is behaving badly.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta

Wouldn't vote for Chavez anyway though, I'd rather
                        show my dislike for American foreign policy in some other way than
                        voting for that @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">looper.@@@@/SPAN>
                        why do you say that? has seriously improved his country's standard of
                        living in a few years, has managed to supply cheap fuel to new orleans.
                        seems like a decent enough soul to me

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

[QUOTE=DEARGDOOM]Actually the US is a country where most of the people know their government is behaving badly.[QUOTE]

Yeah, like, So. What can ye do about it? Dubya is still there for another 2 stretch but all your voters refused to have a hissy fit when they were voting for the Senate. Returning all those Dems didn't do much so far.

We can't do much about what we have here either, come to think of it................................................ .......... ............................../

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor
                            Originally posted by Jenta

Wouldn't vote for Chavez anyway though, I'd rather show my dislike for American foreign policy in some other way than voting for that @@@@SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold"&gt;looper.@@@@/SPAN&gt;

why do you say that? has seriously improved his country's standard of living in a few years, has managed to supply cheap fuel to new orleans. seems like a decent enough soul to me

Most definitely a decent enough soul when it comes to improving the lives of the average Venezuelan, from what I've read. Literacy levels, public health, infrastructure and the general standard of living seem to have become infinitely better under his rule. It's when he leaves his country and decides to express himself in his own unique way to the world that I begin to worry.

He clearly seriously craves attention and seems to think he is the only person in the world capable of standing up to Bush. I cringed when he called Bush "the devil", which he did while speaking to the UN iirc. Also that publicity stunt involving the guns bought from Ahmadinejad was embarassing.

Hopefully he can continue his policy of using money generated from oil for the benefit of the Venezuelan people, one would also hope this practice catches on in South America. I just wish he'd shut up and get on with it sometimes.
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

in some ways i agree, many refer to castro as the grandfather, chavez as the father and morales as the sun.

the thing is that there are so few standing up to bush. personally i
                              would be delighted if bertie said that bush was wrong. (though devil
                              may be a tad strong.)

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Working...
                              X