Banks, Economy, Housing Thread - BOOM 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
    What I cannot get my head around is his defence that he was "donning the green jersey"

I mean WTF what kind of defence is that??
    I worked at IL&P when all this went on. At a senior level there was very much an attitude that we had to work together to ride out the storm.

Granted, the juggling €7 billion maybe took it a step too far.

I met Denis Casey on a number of occasions and he always struck me as an upfront and honest guy. A very nice individual too. My own personal opinion is that there were promises made at a government level to these folks and they got screwed over. I can only base this on my own dealings with Casey over the years and what went on is out of character for the person that I met. Maybe I'm wrong. We probably won't ever know.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    "If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by masterchief View Post
      I worked at IL&P when all this went on. At a senior level there was very much an attitude that we had to work together to ride out the storm.

I met Denis Casey on a number of occasions and he always struck me as an upfront and honest guy. A very nice individual too. My own personal opinion is that there were promises made at a government level to these folks and they got screwed over. I can only base this on my own dealings with Casey over the years and what went on is out of character for the person that I met. Maybe I'm wrong. We probably won't ever know.

Just bolded the 1 word above - That needs explanation.

If I read your last paragraph right - He was a lovely guy, so it must be someone else's fault.

Maybe he hid his reckless side from you and wasn't upfront and honest, actions speaks louder than words, protecting their bonus was the most important thing, the poor lad got screwed, lolz.

Comment

A pal's pal went for the top job in IL&P at the same time as Casey.
        When Casey got the job, he sidelined my pal's pal to the extent that he felt it necessary to pack in the job.

Nice fellow? I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
          Just bolded the 1 word above - That needs explanation.

If I read your last paragraph right - He was a lovely guy, so it must be someone else's fault.

Maybe he hid his reckless side from you and wasn't upfront and honest, actions speaks louder than words, protecting their bonus was the most important thing, the poor lad got screwed, lolz.
          The bit in bold was me being facetious.

No you didn't read it right. It was out of character for him. I believe there's more to the story and we haven't been told everything.

Maybe he did.

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
            A pal's pal went for the top job in IL&P at the same time as Casey.
            When Casey got the job, he sidelined my pal's pal to the extent that he felt it necessary to pack in the job.

Nice fellow? I think not.
            I'd be curious to who that person was. Casey was being lined up for that job years before hand.
            Everyone in the company knew he was going to be the next man in charge.

Comment

So it's the banks who screwed us...?

10 years of rents received but not a penny paid to the banks..

http://www.thejournal.ie/court-hears...84796-Jun2018/
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                So it's the banks who screwed us...?

10 years of rents received but not a penny paid to the banks..

http://www.thejournal.ie/court-hears...84796-Jun2018/
                We need to bring in enforceable 2 month eviction notices ASAP. Or at the very least a system where a tenant has to pay rent direct to the mortgage company in order to continue living there. We're all paying high mortgage interest rates to allow for the decade it takes to reposess a house in this country.

Comment

I'd be curious to who that person was. Casey was being lined up for that job years before hand.
                  Everyone in the company knew he was going to be the next man in charge.

So when the Annointed One got the job, he shafted the man who had the cheek to make him work for it, rather than having it handed to him.

Nice.

Comment

Like I said, I'm curious as to who exactly got "shafted".
                    There were some who I recall left after he got the top job but as far as I recall there wasn't any cloud over them leaving.

It's easy to use new management as an excuse to leave (not implying this was the case with your friend of a friend).

Comment

God forbid we build another tall building in cork ��

Evening Echo

An Taisce objects to €20m Cork skyscraper
                      Alan Healy
                      HERITAGE body An Taisce has lodged a planning objection opposing a new development in the heart of Cork city saying it would have a negative impact on the city’s skyline.

The Prism, a €20 million glass-fronted building 15 storeys high, is planned for a small triangular site next to the Parnell Place bus station.

Kerrymen, Kevin and Donal O’Sullivan recently purchased the site on Clontarf Street that has remained unused for decades.

Tower Holdings Group, owned by Kevin O’Sullivan, will oversee the development of the proposed new office building.

The Prism building on Clontarf Street.
                      The Prism building on Clontarf Street.
                      The O’Sullivan brothers have also acquired the Port of Cork Customs House Quay site at the eastern end of the city centre island where they are planning another skyscraper.
                      The planning application for The Prism was lodged last month. It has already received the support of the Cork Business Association and the Cork Chamber.

However, An Taisce says a tall building on Clontarf Street would not be in accordance with the height guidelines in the Cork City Development Plan (CCDP).

“The building will significantly alter the vista from Morrison’s Island of the former Cork Savings Bank, one of its finest Georgian era building and seriously compromise the downriver vistas from this location,” An Taisce said.

“A structure of this kind will be the dominant feature on the east of the island when viewed from many parts of the wider city.”

An Taisce said the City Development Plan makes it clear that tall buildings should be located in the Docklands and in South Mahon and should be resisted in areas of special or significant character in the city.

“While supportive of continued regeneration of the city centre, we strongly object to a 15-storey building on Clontarf Street,” An Taisce added.

In their submission, the Cork Business Association said The Prism has the potential to transform an area of the city that has been neglected for many years and is in need of regeneration.

The Cork Chamber also supports the development saying The Prism will add vibrancy to the city by energising a currently unused site.

A decision on the development is expected next month, however planners can request further information on the project.
                      "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Comparing to the real estate markets in other countries, I don't know why Ireland hasn't profited from the growth after the 2008 crisis. Hell, even Greece's market is looking up! https://tranio.com/articles/local-an...el-for-greece/ Meanwhile, it's mostly looking down for you guys...

But well, Ireland doesn't have Russians and Chinese people buying villas in droves... and it sin't the only country in this situation, things aren't that bright in Britain or in some regions of France either.

Comment

Don't know where you're getting your insights, but Ireland is one of the fastest growing economies in Europe over the last few years....

Comment

M28 Ringaskiddy Bloomfield gets the go ahead from An Bord Pleanala. Expect a judicial challenge from the 'landed gentry' of Rochestown.
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

This means the end of the Fingerpost, it seems. It's hard to imagine how the traffic in Douglas could get any worse but the support roads for this scheme will make a fair effort at it.

Apparently, it will no longer be possible to access the Back Village when going east on the Ring road.

The Grange/Donnybrook junction will become a Crossroads.

The existing Roundabout on the Rochestown Road will become a Traffic Light Controlled Junction.

The slip road onto the Bloomfield Interchange from the Rochestown Road will also get Traffic Lights.

Great fun.
                              Last edited by Piquet; 5th-July-2018, 07:46.

Comment

The Dunner gets 12 more years of bankruptcy

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...nest-1.3648911
                                Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                                X