Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banks, Economy, Housing Thread - BOOM 2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    Sing it,

    I'm trying to sell my old 07 Accord which is actually a fantastic car but I couldn't give it away as it's 2.2l.

    Part, if not most of your problem with this is insurance companies and their cosy cartel-monopoly that is screwing the country.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Oldschoolsocks View Post
      what part was the con mig??
      Trying to get us to pay for something we were already paying for.

      Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Miguel Sanchez; 5th-August-2017, 23:05.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

      Comment


        "#MoranReport utter waste of public money as #PatHickey claims he's cleared and looks forward to resuming his Olympic duties. Only in Ireland

        The mistake Germma and yourself are making is assuming everyone will be as aghast as you are by the decades of dubious actions and lack of consequence ....What you forget are the thousands of senior public and semi state managers , then theres the legal profession and the media circle, union management , Quango liggers and finally the politicians (and their brain dead supporters) ....Literally thousands with the ability to effect change who have absolutely No desire to do so , because they know they are on the Big Bucks , Great Lifestyle No Accountability Gravy Train

        The entire state aparatus , across every Government run/controlled/funded or established organisation is riddled from head to toe with corruption (so embedded its not thought of as corruption) incompetence ,overemployment, 1970s work practices , contempt for taxpayers money and absolutely under no circumstances anything approaching consequence or accountability ...every single little bit of it

        And the hundreds of thousands who benefit , might roll their eyes at Pat Hickey and mutter platitudes ...but really there is no desire for change ......They will resist it every step of the way

        And until the electorate scare the living bejasus out of the state ....then nothing will change and we'll rehash the OCI/Rehab/Templemore/Legal Fees/Sweepstakes/Anglo/Permanent TSB/Health Service/Quango appointments /tax free allowances/Nepotism .etc etc etc scandals again and again and again".



        A comment on a Pat Hickey thread from politics.ie, this morning, suits this thread.

        Comment


          For anyone who has the ****ing nerve to tell me that we need to pay for water have a read
          At first I thought this was funny....Then I realised the awful truth of it. Be sure to read all the way to the end! Think bin charges need to be added in too.
          Tax his land,
          Tax his bed,
          Tax the table
          At which he's fed.
          Tax his work,
          Tax his pay,
          He works for peanuts
          Anyway!
          Tax his cow,
          Tax his goat,
          Tax his pants,
          Tax his coat.
          Tax his tobacco,
          Tax his drink,
          Tax him if he
          Tries to think.
          Tax his car,
          Tax his gas,
          Find other ways
          To tax his ass.
          Tax all he has
          Then let him know
          That you won't be done
          Till he has no dough.
          When he screams and hollers;
          Then tax him some more,
          Tax him till
          He's good and sore.
          Then tax his coffin,
          Tax his grave,
          Tax the sod in
          Which he's laid.
          When he's gone,
          Do not relax,
          It's time to apply
          The inheritance tax.
          Accounts Receivable Tax
          Airline surcharge tax
          Airline Fuel Tax
          Airport Maintenance Tax
          Building Permit Tax
          Cigarette Tax
          Cooking Tax
          Corporate Income Tax
          Goods and Services Tax (GST)
          Death Tax
          Driving Permit Tax
          Environmental Tax (Fee)
          Excise Taxes
          Income Tax
          Fishing License Tax
          Food License Tax
          Petrol Tax (too much per litre)
          Gross Receipts Tax
          Health Tax
          Heating Tax
          Inheritance Tax
          Interest Tax
          Lighting Tax
          Liquor Tax
          Luxury Taxes
          Marriage License Tax
          Medicare Tax
          Mortgage Tax
          Pension Tax
          Personal Income Tax
          Property Tax
          Poverty Tax
          Prescription Drug Tax
          Real Estate Tax
          Recreational Vehicle Tax
          Retail Sales Tax
          Service Charge Tax
          School Tax
          Telephone Tax
          Value Added Tax
          Vehicle License Registration Tax
          Vehicle Sales Tax
          Water Tax
          Workers Compensation Tax
          Tax (VAT) on Tax.
          And Now they want a blooming Carbon Tax!

          STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
          Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,

          What in the Hell happened? Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money? and living off us.
          Oh, and don't forget the relatively new bank charges....
          And we all know what we think of Bankers.

          Comment


            The Universal Social Charge belongs in that list.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Stanley View Post
              For anyone who has the ****ing nerve to tell me that we need to pay for water have a read
              At first I thought this was funny....Then I realised the awful truth of it. Be sure to read all the way to the end! Think bin charges need to be added in too.
              Tax his land,
              Tax his bed,
              Tax the table
              At which he's fed.
              Tax his work,
              Tax his pay,
              He works for peanuts
              Anyway!
              Tax his cow,
              Tax his goat,
              Tax his pants,
              Tax his coat.
              Tax his tobacco,
              Tax his drink,
              Tax him if he
              Tries to think.
              Tax his car,
              Tax his gas,
              Find other ways
              To tax his ass.
              Tax all he has
              Then let him know
              That you won't be done
              Till he has no dough.
              When he screams and hollers;
              Then tax him some more,
              Tax him till
              He's good and sore.
              Then tax his coffin,
              Tax his grave,
              Tax the sod in
              Which he's laid.
              When he's gone,
              Do not relax,
              It's time to apply
              The inheritance tax.
              Accounts Receivable Tax
              Airline surcharge tax
              Airline Fuel Tax
              Airport Maintenance Tax
              Building Permit Tax
              Cigarette Tax
              Cooking Tax
              Corporate Income Tax
              Goods and Services Tax (GST)
              Death Tax
              Driving Permit Tax
              Environmental Tax (Fee)
              Excise Taxes
              Income Tax
              Fishing License Tax
              Food License Tax
              Petrol Tax (too much per litre)
              Gross Receipts Tax
              Health Tax
              Heating Tax
              Inheritance Tax
              Interest Tax
              Lighting Tax
              Liquor Tax
              Luxury Taxes
              Marriage License Tax
              Medicare Tax
              Mortgage Tax
              Pension Tax
              Personal Income Tax
              Property Tax
              Poverty Tax
              Prescription Drug Tax
              Real Estate Tax
              Recreational Vehicle Tax
              Retail Sales Tax
              Service Charge Tax
              School Tax
              Telephone Tax
              Value Added Tax
              Vehicle License Registration Tax
              Vehicle Sales Tax
              Water Tax
              Workers Compensation Tax
              Tax (VAT) on Tax.
              And Now they want a blooming Carbon Tax!

              STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
              Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,

              What in the Hell happened? Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money? and living off us.
              Oh, and don't forget the relatively new bank charges....
              And we all know what we think of Bankers.
              Can you name anywhere who does not have the majority of those taxes?

              Comment


                Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                Can you name anywhere who does not have the majority of those taxes?

                I'm more confused by the notion that income tax didn't exist in 1917. And what's Poverty Tax? Or Death Tax? Or Cooking Tax?
                Last edited by Balla Boy; 23rd-August-2017, 18:46.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

                "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


                "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  I'm more confused by the notion that income tax didn't exist in 1917. And what's Poverty Tax? Or Death Tax? Or Cooking Tax?
                  Perhaps he watched the Trump rally last night?

                  Comment


                    there's the dog license and the TV license AKA tax.
                    Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                      I'm more confused by the notion that income tax didn't exist in 1917. And what's Poverty Tax? Or Death Tax? Or Cooking Tax?

                      Based on UK, but Paddy is never far from adopting their taxes and company law.

                      Comment


                        Sunlight tax
                        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Stanley View Post

                          STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
                          Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago,

                          What in the Hell happened? Could it be the lying parasitic politicians wasting our money? and living off us.
                          Oh, and don't forget the relatively new bank charges....
                          And we all know what we think of Bankers.
                          I am not in favour of high taxation and despair of the constant moaning on the media for 'resources' but if you want to point out that none of those taxes existed 100 years ago then you should list the services that didn't exists 100 years ago in areas like healthcare, disabilities, welfare, sanitation, education etc. If you want to go all the way back to taxation levels 100 years ago then you have to go back there in terms of services.

                          Comment


                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                              I'm more confused by the notion that income tax didn't exist in 1917. And what's Poverty Tax? Or Death Tax? Or Cooking Tax?
                              Farm taxation was a Seventies introduction I believe .... for the little that is actually paid.
                              "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

                              Comment


                                Today's Irish Times Residential Property Supplement is a staggering 34 pages. EDIT The rest of the paper, main part and Business Section amounts to 32 pages.

                                Yeah verily I say unto you, this Boom is even boomier than the last Boom.
                                Last edited by Piquet; 7th-September-2017, 19:51.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X