Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Banks, Economy, Housing Thread - BOOM 2.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ah, you're in good hands
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

    Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

    Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

    Comment


      Berlin’s grand coalition government is preparing a welfare lock-out for non-German EU citizens during their first five years living in Germany.
      The new welfare Bill, leaked from the labour ministry, follows heavy lobbying from local government. They argued their already-strained finances would snap if they had to implement a 2015 German court ruling that EU citizens in Germany were entitled to welfare payments after six months.
      Social Democrat (SPD) labour minister Andrea Nahles has reacted with a Bill that strips non-German EU citizens of all claims on the German welfare system in their first five years, unless they have acquired credits by working.
      In recent months the minister, a leading member of the SPD’s leftist wing, has made repeated calls to clamp down on so-called welfare tourism.
      “It can’t be that someone only has to move to another EU country to extract full social security benefits, even though they have a functioning social system in their own country,” said Ms Nahles in a newspaper interview.
      The changes, said to have the support of Chancellor Angela Merkel, would allow a one-off payment to cover living costs for a month, as well as the price of a ticket home. It mirrors a demand of British prime minister David Cameron ahead of the Brexit referendum.
      Under German welfare laws, a person who loses their job is entitled to two-thirds of their final salary for a year before dropping down to a basic welfare payment, currently €404 monthly, as well as rental allowance and other payments. This basic payment is available to all German citizens, irrespective of whether they have ever worked.
      But last February, the European Court of Justice said Germany was entitled to take steps to curtail “welfare tourism”, dismissing a Spanish family’s claim on arrival in Germany.
      Loophole closure
      Germany’s federal labour ministry says about 440,000 non-German EU citizens receive benefits. Ms Nahles has conceded there was no “mass storming” of the German welfare system, but insisted it was time to close a loophole.
      “Just when you thought the SPD could sink no lower, along comes ex-left-winger Nahles and sorts EU citizens into good and bad,” said Jan Korte, deputy leader of the Left Party in parliament.
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

      Comment


        Originally posted by sewa View Post

        Berlin’s grand coalition government is preparing a welfare lock-out for non-German EU citizens during their first five years living in Germany.

        The new welfare Bill, leaked from the labour ministry, follows heavy lobbying from local government. They argued their already-strained finances would snap if they had to implement a 2015 German court ruling that EU citizens in Germany were entitled to welfare payments after six months.

        Social Democrat (SPD) labour minister Andrea Nahles has reacted with a Bill that strips non-German EU citizens of all claims on the German welfare system in their first five years, unless they have acquired credits by working.

        In recent months the minister, a leading member of the SPD’s leftist wing, has made repeated calls to clamp down on so-called welfare tourism.

        “It can’t be that someone only has to move to another EU country to extract full social security benefits, even though they have a functioning social system in their own country,” said Ms Nahles in a newspaper interview.

        The changes, said to have the support of Chancellor Angela Merkel, would allow a one-off payment to cover living costs for a month, as well as the price of a ticket home. It mirrors a demand of British prime minister David Cameron ahead of the Brexit referendum.

        Under German welfare laws, a person who loses their job is entitled to two-thirds of their final salary for a year before dropping down to a basic welfare payment, currently €404 monthly, as well as rental allowance and other payments. This basic payment is available to all German citizens, irrespective of whether they have ever worked.

        But last February, the European Court of Justice said Germany was entitled to take steps to curtail “welfare tourism”, dismissing a Spanish family’s claim on arrival in Germany.

        Loophole closure
        Germany’s federal labour ministry says about 440,000 non-German EU citizens receive benefits. Ms Nahles has conceded there was no “mass storming” of the German welfare system, but insisted it was time to close a loophole.
        Good to see the Germans learning from Ireland. We tightened up our HRC regulations in 2010 and again in 2014 to try to tackle welfare tourism.
        New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

        Comment


          http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-22080862

          I wonder about the practicalities of implementing it Doggie, they can't let people starve on the streets. Don't forget this is a country that exploits a small army of ridiculously low paid foreign workers to run their industries (see link)
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

          Comment


            Originally posted by sewa View Post
            http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-22080862

            I wonder about the practicalities of implementing it Doggie, they can't let people starve on the streets. Don't forget this is a country that exploits a small army of ridiculously low paid foreign workers to run their industries (see link)
            Don't the German people have to pay a church tax of around 7%? How better to expend it than on feeding their hungry welfare tourists?
            New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Old Dog View Post
              Don't the German people have to pay a church tax of around 7%? How better to expend it than on feeding their hungry welfare tourists?
              I believe you only have to pay it if you wish to be a member of the two main churches and as a result the German masses voted with their formerly religious feet and opted out.
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

              Comment


                Debenhams apply for examinership

                Some pretty nasty losses
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

                Comment


                  Jaysus

                  Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
                  The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                  - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                    Debenhams apply for examinership

                    Some pretty nasty losses
                    25mill in rent in Ireland would do that thanks to upwards only rent review, a lot of the larger chains are going this route to break out of ridiculous rent agreements.

                    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                      25mill in rent in Ireland would do that thanks to upwards only rent review, a lot of the larger chains are going this route to break out of ridiculous rent agreements.

                      Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                      Roche family were winning on the double, first off sold the business for top dollar, secondly raking it in on rent on the stores it still held
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                        25mill in rent in Ireland would do that thanks to upwards only rent review, a lot of the larger chains are going this route to break out of ridiculous rent agreements.

                        Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                        It is the only way they can get out of them.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                          It is the only way they can get out of them.
                          Which, allow me to remind readers, is due to a broken election promise from Kenny the Dud:-

                          Fine Gael Election Manifesto 2011: "We will pass legislation to give all tenants the right to have their commercial rents reviewed in 2011 irrespective of any upward-only or other review clauses”
                          New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                          Comment


                            You can review anything you want to your heart's content with no obligation to do anything.
                            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post

                              You can review anything you want to your heart's content with no obligation to do anything.
                              That sounds like the kind of thing that Piquet would say after a feed of pints following yet another jammy, last gasp home win for Cork City.
                              New infraction avoidance policy: a post may be described as imbecilic, but its author should never be described as an imbecile.

                              Comment


                                I'll take that under consideration.
                                The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X