• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    My heart goes out to them.
    Sarcasm?

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
      Sarcasm?
      I'm gutted that you think so little of me.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

They borrowed money from AIB to buy AIB shares!! Pyramid scheme anyone?
        The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
        - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
          They borrowed money from AIB to buy AIB shares!! Pyramid scheme anyone?
          Sure look at Quinn with Anglo.

Comment

Greek debt swap deemed a technical default. Does that mean the CDS bomb is going to go off?
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

"Those payouts on CDS linked to Greece are expected to be something the order of $3.2 billion US".

Small fry. For now.

Comment

No surprise that it was seen as a technical default. Wonder who the markets will go after next week. Spain, Portugal or Italy?
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Year of the central bank
                  March 12, 2012
                  Sunday Business Post by David McWilliams

"...I thought to myself that when this guy was head of the Federal Reserve, after a bout of inflation he raised interest rates to 20 per cent to purge the system. Last week, the same short-term rates in the US were 0.2 per cent. Could the greatest monetary splurge in human history be followed by a Volker-style whiplash in interest rates, the likes of which we haven’t seen in a generation?..."
                  http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/2012/0...e-central-bank

Comment

Greg Smith resigned as a Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the firm’s United States equity derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and fires a parting shot via an open letter in the NYTimes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/op...achs.html?_r=1

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
                      Greg Smith resigned as a Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the firm’s United States equity derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa and fires a parting shot via an open letter in the NYTimes.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/14/op...achs.html?_r=1
                      Fair play too him and its not often that the H.R guys dont have it in contracts to reduce this type of bad P.R from people leaving. They mustnt have been able to buy him off. Im sure he will get a flood of clients following him to his next business venture.
                      When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

The High Court has granted leave for a challenge to the legislation underpinning the household charge on the basis that it is in English only.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0315/1224313321636.html

Comment

I wanted to start a new thread/poll to see the feelings of posters here regarding the household charge as the deadline gets closer. I see the box to tick for Polls, but when I click preview I cannot see any options. Wanted to ask posters if they either

a. Have already paid
                          b. Will probably pay just before deadline
                          c. Are holding off until after the deadline to see what occurs
                          d. No way Jose

In my own case, having given the Govt, 17 grand in property taxes in 2008 (Stamp duty) I think I've already done my bit on that front. They've had enough!
                          Con Artist

Comment

c

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                              c
                              Can anyone get a Poll up on this(then tell me how it's done on the new site)
                              Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                                I wanted to start a new thread/poll to see the feelings of posters here regarding the household charge as the deadline gets closer. I see the box to tick for Polls, but when I click preview I cannot see any options. Wanted to ask posters if they either

a. Have already paid
                                b. Will probably pay just before deadline
                                c. Are holding off until after the deadline to see what occurs
                                d. No way Jose

In my own case, having given the Govt, 17 grand in property taxes in 2008 (Stamp duty) I think I've already done my bit on that front. They've had enough!
                                To create a poll when you post a new thread, simply click the 'Yes, post a poll with this thread' checkbox at the bottom of the page, and set the number of possible responses you want to include.

When you click the submit button, you will be taken to the poll creation page, where you can specify the question and the list of responses you want to include.

You may also want to specify a time limit for the poll, so that (for example) it stays open for voting for only a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X