CotY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CotY

We haven't had a Celebrity of the month competion in a while so I thought a special end of year edition may start a debate or two.

Personally I would have to vote for Serge, as his comments on the divide of wealth from the European Rugby Cup, and his reasons for his mindset, was for me anyway, just about the most arrogant thing I heard all year.
    Other posts most welcome.[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
    Serge Betson (for comments made)
    0%
    The Changalangers (services to refereeing
    0%
    Gavin Henson (’nuff said)
    0%
    Welsh rugby (Shot feet a speciality)
    0%
    Matt Williams (or other, as will suit)
    0%
    \"What is wrong with a drug that makes teen-age boys drive slowly?\"
    P. J. O\'Rourke

MATT WILLIAMS for his ability to write articles about Irish rugbyand mention Keith Gleeson in every single one!
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

twas serge blanco that made the comments spinner. Betsen said nathin.

Comment

In fairness matt Williams or Matty as he is known on Newstalk was quiet this year by his own standards.

Comment

[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]Of course it was Blanco. Still not awake yet.[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Mind you the gormless expression on Betson's face as Strings went around him rates a special mention as well
          P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by spinner

[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]Of course it was Blanco. Still not awake yet.[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img][img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]

Mind you the gormless expression on Betson's face as Strings went around him rates a special mention as well

For that reason alone he gets my vote
            Is it only a game?
            And its Thomond Park NOT Thomond

Comment

There is no category for ANOTHER here: for me Paul Ackford should win it for his mindset demonstrated recently by his article the other week comparing the Irish & english playersand generally for regaining consciousness at all after Mendez hit him all those years back.

p.s. SJ a close shave at 2nd, even now that he is begrudgingly accepting that Irish rugby & teams are actually any good. And it is begrudgingly. faint praise, etc

p.p.s Matt 'the prat' Williams has actually improved this autumn to my eye, but his article during the 6Ns about Scotland reaping rewards cos of 3-4 yrs of top class training & prep was just too self serving not to put him in at a solid 3rd.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

It's too early. There's plenty of time and matches for other candidates to thrust themselves forward.

Comment

Glad i read some of the replies I didnt know it was 'Celebrity' of the month I thought it meant something else[img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]
                  No signature

Comment

I think we should delete this poll, to avoid further embarassment for Spinner ! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Point
                      I think we should delete this poll, to avoid further embarassment for Spinner ! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Perhaps just a little discreet editing[img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]
                      P. J. O\'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                      X