Road rage thread.

<div ="mxb">
    <div ="sh">
    Jail term for road rage cricketer
    </div>
    </div>

<!- S BO ->
    <!- S IIMA ->

<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="203">
    <t><tr><td>
    <div>

<div ="cap">Sidhu is now a well known cricket commentator</div>
    </div>
    </td></tr>
    </t></table>

<!- E IIMA ->
    <!- S SF ->
    A former Indian cricketer and member of parliament has been sentenced to three years in prison for manslaughter.
    </font>

Navjot Sidhu, a flamboyant batsman and now an opposition
    MP, was convicted of beating up his victim in a parking dispute in
    1988. The man later died. </font>

Sidhu's sentence was suspended until 31 January to give him time to appeal in the Supreme Court.
    </font>

His job as a cricket commentator on Indian TV channels has made him famous for his wisecracks, known as Sidhuisms.
    <!- E SF ->
    </font>

Fine
    </font>

Sidhu, 43, was found guilty on Friday over the attack in the city of Patiala in northern Punjab state 17 years ago.
    </font>

The high court in Punjab took up the case after appeals
    by family of the victim, Gurnam Singh, and the state government
    following Sidhu's acquittal by a lower court in 1999.
    </font>

Passing sentence on Wednesday, the judge also ordered the former cricketer to pay a fine of 100,000 rupees (about $2,230).
    </font>

Sidhu played in 51 Test matches for India between 1983 and 1999, scoring an average 42.13.
    </font>

He embarked on a political career in 2004, joining the main opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
    </font>

He resigned from his parliamentary seat after hearing the guilty verdict last week.
    </font>

Sidhu is the second high-profile MP to be sentenced for killing someone in as many days.
    </font>

On Tuesday, former cabinet minister Shibu Soren received a life term for murdering his aide.
    </font>
    <!- E BO ->

</font>

I've seen the driving in India, surprised there aren't more reported death by road rage incidents!
    Romani ite Domun

Comment

'I hope he f***ing dies -- he got what he deserved'

What road rage killer told gardai as victim lay dying

Well did he?, seemingly yer man (with his young daughter in the back) was followed & harassed by the drunk driver, who wouldn't get enraged because of that?

Click image for larger version

Name:	karl-donohoe-i_1041751t.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	2469479

By Breda Heffernan

Tuesday April 17 2012

THE devastated wife of a man killed in a road rage attack said yesterday his death has left a "huge chasm" in her life. A distressed Brenda Bates had to be helped from the courtroom by family and friends yesterday after hearing horrific details of the death of her husband Raymond, who was repeatedly beaten with a hurley stick by driver Karl Donohoe.
      "Ray was my first boyfriend, my first love and father of my children. We were joined at the hip, we did everything together," she said in her emotional victim impact statement.
      Mrs Bates, from Peterlee in Durham, told Mr Justice Paul Carney at the Central Criminal Court in Dublin that she had wanted to read out her own statement at the sentencing hearing but couldn't as she was still deeply hurt by the death of her husband. Instead, it was read out on her behalf.

http://www.independent.ie/national-n...9.html?start=3

Comment

There are imho a whole lot of wrongs in this sorry case, and no rights.

Drunk driving - wrong.
        Road rage - wrong.
        Killing someone with a hurley as a result of drunk driving and road rage - wrong.

Donoghue had some previous form too it seems.

The answer (although it's easier said than done) is don't drive aggressively, or respond or react to someone else doing it. If you suspect someone is driving dangerously just report it.
        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Yep. Hard to comment on this case because it just seems that everyone's a loser no matter what the verdict.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
          X