Socks’ reincarnated Celebrity RIP thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-53110391

Veteran stage and film actor Sir Ian Holm, who played Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings films has died aged 88.

Comment

Michael Kennedy, Solicitor, agent of Roy Keane and many other Irish Footballers has died. RIP

The 42 has a report.

Comment

Theo Foley, Home Farm, Exeter, Charlton, Burnley and Northampton has died, aged 83.

He played nine times for Ireland and managed Charlton, Millwall, Northampton, QPR and Fulham as well as being George Graham's assistant when the Arsenal won the League in '89.

Comment

20 years ago today, motorcycle road racer Joey Dunlop was killed during a race in Estonia. I went to the funeral but the crowd was so massive that I never got near the church. The record for Isle of Man TT wins is still his.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Hard to believe it’s 20 years ago... seems much less
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

That just means you are getting old :)

Comment

Ennio Morricone has passed away aged 91 after a fall. I'd wondered why I was hearing the music from the Mission so much this morning.

Comment

Jack Charlton has died.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

RIP Jack. Another of the "Lions of '66" gone.

My Dad and I went to Ireland v Denmark in the early 90s. I got tickets from a Danish Supplier, so we were in the middle of the Danes in the East Lower at the Lansdowne Road end. At one stage, Jack walked around in front of us and the Danes started up "Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more"

It was the only time I ever saw Fans slag the opposition Manager in his own language. Jack thought it was hilarious, gave them a big wave and was cheered to the echo.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      RIP Jack. Another of the "Lions of '66" gone.

My Dad and I went to Ireland v Denmark in the early 90s. I got tickets from a Danish Supplier, so we were in the middle of the Danes in the East Lower at the Lansdowne Road end. At one stage, Jack walked around in front of us and the Danes started up "Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more"

It was the only time I ever saw Fans slag the opposition Manager in his own language. Jack thought it was hilarious, gave them a big wave and was cheered to the echo.
                      A lovely memory PK- thank you. My own father was very closely associated with soccer as a LoI referee and beyond- died alas before he saw Jack get Ireland to be competitive on the world stage.

Comment

Actress Kelly Preston (wife of John Travolta) has died of cancer aged 57.

Comment

Grant Imahara, from the Mythbusters TV series has died suddenly aged 49. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53401026

Comment

Very sad news. I used to watch a lot of Mythbusters. Aside from obviously being a brilliant engineer he seemed like a decent guy.
                            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Peter Green co founder of Fleetwood Mac dies aged 73
                              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

John Hume 83. I wonder if he had not engaged with the Republican movement if we would have peace.
                                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                                X