X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dermotmccarthy View Post
    Dave Greenfield from the Stranglers
    Great keyboard player, wrote Golden Brown one of my favourite tunes. RIP
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Florian Schneider, co-founder of Kraftwerk has gone down his last Autobahn. He was 73. RIP

Comment

Saw that earlier. I was surprised at his age - hadn't realised Kraftwerk had been going since 1970, as for some reason I thought of them as a late 70s/early 80s phenomenon. Ever since I read the news, the song "The Model" has been echoing round & round in my head even though I haven't actually listened to or heard it today.

Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Paddy Molloy, Offaly Hurling Legend has died.

He played for Offaly when we were pure useless, in the fifties and early sixties and for 16 years in total. Was a veteran when he played on the losing side in the '69 Leinster Final and was the leading scorer in that year's Championship.

He won two Railway Cups, one as a back and one as a forward.

EDIT A native of Drumcullen, he moved to Birr in the seventies (not his) and lined out in the goals for Birr Juniors. Woe betide any cheeky forward that came near him, man might get past, ball might get past but never both.

The Offaly Express has a fine tribute with some great memories from Johnny Flaherty among others
          Last edited by Piquet; 15-May-2020, 22:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Great keyboard player, wrote Golden Brown one of my favourite tunes. RIP
            Hanging Around - JJ Brunel and Greenfield the distinctive sound of the Stranglers
            Last edited by SkullinPints; 9-May-2020, 20:28.
            "I've got lots of potatos that need peeling and manure that needs shovelling" -M. Burns :_skull__rvmp_by_bad

Comment

Little Richard- 87- Tutti Fruiti, Long Tall Sally...

Comment

Comedy actor Jerry Stiller (father of Ben) has died aged 92 of natural causes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                  Comedy actor Jerry Stiller (father of Ben) has died aged 92 of natural causes.
                  Festivous will be a lot quieter this year.

Comment

Roy Horn of Siegfried and Roy duo dies of coronavirus

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/05/08/u...ies/index.html

Comment

Paddy Fenning, the Offaly Footballer has died from Motor Neuron Disease. He was 69, RIP.

His goal, shortly after halftime, in the All-Ireland Football Final replay of 1972 turned the game and Offaly won by nine points. He came on as a sub in the previous year's final which Offaly also won.

The 42 has a obit
                      Last edited by Piquet; 16-May-2020, 10:20.

Comment

Brendan Boyer has died. He was 81. RIP

His late father, Stanley, had the misfortune of having to (try to) teach me the Piano, when I was in school.

Comment

Tony Dunne, Shelbourne, Man Utd, Bolton Wanderers and Ireland has died aged 78.

He won the FAI Cup with Shels, the league (twice) the FA Cup and the European Cup with United, the Second Division with Bolton and played 33 times for Ireland.

The Grauniad has an obit

Comment

Welsh singer Ricky Valance has died at the age of 84, his agent has confirmed.
                            Valance, who was born David Spencer, became the first Welshman to have a solo UK Number One hit with the song Tell Laura I Love Her in 1960.
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Former snooker player Willie Thorne has died after a short battle with leukaemia aged 66.

Comment

Vera Lynn "the Forces' Sweetheart" has died.

She was 103.

RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X