No announcement yet.

Socks’ reincarnated Celebrity RIP thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marie Fredriksson, singer of the pop group Roxette. Most of ye will remember songs like You've Got The Look, It Must Have Been Love, Listen To Your Heart ...
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Jim 'the bald eagle' Smith - Soccer manager, 79 years
      Life is good

Comment

Ice Bucket Challenge inspiration Pete Frates dies at 34. Pete Frates, the former college baseball star who helped inspire the viral Ice Bucket Challenge, has died. Mr Frates had been fighting amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as motor neurone disease or Lou Gehrig's disease, since being diagnosed in 2012
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

David Bellamy, naturalist and TV presenter.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Brian O'Donnell of the Hi-B has left us.

RIP.

Comment

Arty McGlynn RIP, aged 75
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Martin Peters, World Cup winner in '66 has died.

The BBC has an obit.
                Last edited by Piquet; 21st-December-2019, 19:51.

Comment

De Paper has a list of (some of) those who left us this year

Comment

Johnny Mathews former Waterford winger has died, aged 73. According to RTÉ, he won seven League Championships with the Blues EDIT and Limerick.

I remember him well from my Boarding School days, (when we used to get two hours of freedom every second Sunday to go to Kilcohan ) tormenting Full-Backs week in week out and setting up scores for Alfie Hale et al.

Last edited by Piquet; 26th-December-2019, 00:04.

Comment

Neil Innes, of The Rutles and Monty Python fame, plus the Innes Book of Records, has died aged 75 unexpectedly.

A great performer, I saw him live in Dublin in the late 80s and it was a brilliant gig.

He was only one of two non-Pythons to be credited as a writer for the TV series, alongside Douglas Adams. RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54KB...&feature=share

p.s. I forgot to mention the Bonzo Doo-Dah Dog Band & ‘Urban Spaceman’
                      Last edited by Waterfordlad; 31st-December-2019, 00:47.
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Marian Finucane of rte radio has passed away today .RIP

Comment

On the RTÉ One News, there now. No details yet, it seems.

Joe Duffy was on, there now. He said he spoke to her before Christmas, she was looking forward to travelling to India for a wedding.
                          Last edited by Piquet; 2nd-January-2020, 18:24.

Comment

RIP Marian.
                            The last of the three great smokers on Irish radio
                            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

RIP Marian. A great broadcaster.

Comment

Joe Duffy must be a worried man.

p.s. R.I.P. Marian.
                                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                                X