X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
    Brendan Grace? Unconfirmed as yet.
    Well done, you were 1st in to report that,

Just listening to his daughter on Liveline, saying it was tough for the family with their phones pinging receiving commiserations on his death when he was still alive til 12.25

He was just a funny man.

Comment

Rutger Hauer has died - he was 75, older than I realised.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Former Ryder Cup golfer Gordon Brand Jnr (60).
        The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Two weeks after commentating on the Open.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by bazzyg View Post

Well done, you were 1st in to report that,

Just listening to his daughter on Liveline, saying it was tough for the family with their phones pinging receiving commiserations on his death when he was still alive til 12.25

He was just a funny man.
            Fair play always to Linehan and Matthews for giving that generation of actorrs and mainly comedians cameos and small parts in Father Ted: Brendan as Fintan Stack, Norton as Noel Furlong, Joe Rooney as Damo (leading Dougal stray), Mick Redmond, one of the funniest I ever saw live, Father Stone, Gerry McSorley (Father Todd Unctious), Niall Buggy as Henry Seellors, Jim Norton as Len Brennan, and of course the great Frank Kelly.

Comment

Peter Fonda aged 79. Co-writer and producer of the classic movie Easy Rider.
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Robert Mugabe has gone to meet his maker.

That'll be an interesting conversation.

RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                  Robert Mugabe has gone to meet his maker.

That'll be an interesting conversation.

RIP.
                  Personally I wouldn't have put the RIP in that post.

Comment

I thought about it for a while. Maybe he repented, late in life. We'll never know.

Comment

Irish Jesuit taught as child, maybe one of them buggered him, certainly might have gave credence to saying, 'give me a child at 7...' certainly in his case..
                      Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-38474410.html

RIP Chester Williams
                        Still there's a light I hold before me
                        You're the measure of my dreams
                        The measure of my dreams.

Comment

RIP
                          Five of the '95 Saffie RWC Winning team have now left us.

You'd begin to wonder.

EDIT Only four of the squad have gone, one of the coaches has also left us.
                          Last edited by Piquet; 6th-September-2019, 22:08.

Comment

Robert Hunter, the Grateful Dead's lyricist has died. He never performed on stage but was regarded as a band member none-the-less.

the beeb has an obit.

"After [Jerry] Garcia died in 1995, Hunter worked with the likes of Elvis Costello, Bruce Hornsby and Bob Dylan - with whom he co-wrote the bulk of 2009's Together Through Life album.

"He's got a way with words and I do too," Dylan said at the time . "We both write a different type of song than what passes today for songwriting."

When the Grateful Dead were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1994, Hunter was included as a member of the band.

He is still the only non-performer to garner such a honour."

[PK's emphasis]
                            Last edited by Piquet; 26th-September-2019, 22:12.

Comment

Ginger Baker RIP - one hell of a drummer

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...box=1570359910

Comment

Certainly was - a drumming genius, and a pretty hateful individual along with it. He certainly burned bright throughout his life.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X