Crap Service awards

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap Service awards

A place for allyour gripes with customer services!

Dropped my mate off at Heathrow last night for a flight to Dublin. Absolute bedlam in T1. All flights to Dublin had been cancelled, and a queue of at least 500 people snaked around the terminal building. Being the savvy one, I rang Aer Lingus customer services, only to find that they close at 5 pm on a Sunday. WTF? Cancelling all flights, and then putting no one on the phones!

In T1, they had ONE person on the desk to deal with at least four flights that had been cancelled. My mate got offered a flight on Tues, to Dublin, or today, from Gatwick to Dublin.

Now I know there were exceptional winds and a storm, but do the airlines not look at weather forecasts and think "hmm, may be we should put some extra ground staff on"??

So on this lovely Monday morning, I nominate Aer Lingusfor the Munsterfans "Crap Service" award of the week.
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

I am having a dispute with paypal.A complete bunch of Tossers.[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]
    I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

Tell us more Car54.

Comment

Ryanair - clueless

BT - Don't believe they employ anyone to answer phones

\'For he that hath no stomach for this fight, let him depart\'.
        Henry V - Battle of Agincourt 1415

Comment

EasyJet - no regard for customers whatsoever. I'll never travel with them again.

Comment

Chorus, absolute joke of a company in my own personal opinion.
            \"Golf is a game for c**ts\" Ronnie Drew

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
              Tell us more Car54.

I purchased an item as I have done many times before on eBay,I have always used paypal without any problems.It would not accept my payment even though the seller takes paypal.I tried for a few days but to no avail.I mailed paypal 6 times before I got a reply which made no sense.I eventually contacted the seller who said she would take asterling draft.The Draft cost me more than the item I origanally purchased.I tried to withdraw from the sale but the seller said she would leave an unpaid notification and leave negative feed back.I paid up and tried to get paypal to compensate me.I gave up after 14 emails.What annoys me is none of this was my fault.I have used paypal since with no problems.[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]
              I distrust Camels and anybody else that go for 7 days without a drink

Comment

Originally posted by car54
                I am having a dispute with paypal.A complete bunch of Tossers.[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]
                Save your breath car54, you'll never get any satisfaction from paypal. Appalling customer service if there's any kind of dispute (in my limited but painful experience). There used to be a website devoted to the topic, wonder if I can remember the URL ... [edit] yes I can - here

Hope Not Hate

Comment

NTL - digital goes about once a month. You then ring them the next day, listen to music for 45 minutes and then you're cut off.

You ring them again, listen to music for 45 minutes, they answer and tell you that they'll ring you back in the next half an hour. No call back

You ring them again, 45 minutes of music listening, they answer, you tell them your problem, they said they'll send a technition out but they don't do this in the evening and very rarely at the weekend. Interesting, they service pretty much the whole of Dublin city, where a large amount of young professionals live and work during the week,and then don't do call outs at times when they might be at home.

Technition comes out once you agree to take a day off from work to answer his call. "Technition" doesn't have the right tools to fix the problem........and it goes on and on and on until the next month.

The biggest shower of wa*kers I have ever come across. I have 5 work colleagues sitting litterally 10 steps max away from me who have the same tv/intenet problems and are recieving the exact same service
                  http://www.rebelwaves.com

Comment

Originally posted by ECSquared

Yeah, I'm in the mood for a laugh. I'm tempted to phone up and ask what are their plans to offer a HD service.. [img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]
                    Munster - Incessant Perfervidity
                    "Ireland Will Choke" - Jeremy Guscott

Comment

Originally posted by who?

Chorus, absolute joke of a company in my own
                      personal opinion.
                      Yeah, I'm in the mood for a laugh. I'm
                      tempted to phone up and ask what are their plans to offer a HD
                      service.. [img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]
                      in some areas who that would be a form of torture

Comment

Originally posted by DonL

NTL - digital goes about once a month. You then ring them the next day, listen to music for 45 minutes and then you're cut off.

This is old but still funny.......

This a copy of a complaint letter that was actually received by NTL.

Dear Cretins,

I have been an NTL customer since 9th July 2001, when I signed up for your 3-in-one deal for cable TV, cable modem, and telephone.

During this three-month period I have encountered inadequacy of service which I had not previously considered possible, as well as ignorance and stupidity of monolithic proportions. Please allow me to provide specific details, so that you can either pursue your professional prerogative, and seek to rectify these difficulties - or more likely (I suspect) so that you can have some entertaining reading material as you while away the working day smoking B&H and drinking vendor-coffee on the bog in your office.

My initial installation was cancelled without warning or notice, resulting in my spending an entire Saturday sitting on my fat arse waiting for your technician to arrive. When he did not arrive at all, I spent a further 57 minutes listening to your infuriating hold music, and the even more annoying Scottish robot woman telling me to look at your helpful website.... how? I alleviated the boredom to some small degree by playing with my testi*les for a few minutes - an activity at which you are no-doubt both familiar and highly adept.

The rescheduled installation then took place some two weeks later, although the technician did forget to bring a number of vital tools - such as a drill-bit, and his cerebrum.

Two weeks later, my cable modem had still not arrived. After several further telephone calls (actually 15 telephone calls over 4 weeks) my modem arrived ... a total of six weeks after I had requested it, and begun to pay for it. I estimate that the downtime of your internet servers is roughly 35%... these are usually the hours between about 6pm and midnight, Monday to Friday, and most of the useful periods over the weekend.

I am still waiting for my telephone connection. I have made 9 telephone calls on my mobile to your no-help line this week, and have been unhelpfully transferred to a variety of disinterested individuals, who are it seems also highly skilled bollock jugglers.

I have been informed that a telephone line is available (and someone will call me back), that no telephone line is available (and someone will call me back), that I will be transferred to someone who knows whether or not a telephone line is available (and then been cut off), that I will be transferred to someone who knows whether or not a telephone line is available (and then been redirected to an answer machine informing me that your office is closed), that I will be transferred to someone who knows whether or not a telephone line is available (and then been redirected to the irritating Scottish robot woman.... and several other variations on this theme.

Doubtless you are no-longer reading this letter, as you have at least a thousand other dissatisfied customers to ignore, and also another one of those crucially important testicle-moments to attend to. Frankly I don't care, it's far more satisfying as a customer to voice my frustrations in print than to shout them at your unending hold music. Forgive me, therefore, if I continue.

I thought BT were sh*t, that they had attained the holy piss-pot of god-awful customer relations, that no-one, anywhere, ever, could be more disinterested, less helpful or more obstructive to delivering service to their customers. That's why I chose NTL, and because, well, there isn't anyone else is there?

How surprised I therefore was, when I discovered to my considerable dissatisfaction and disappointment what a useless shower of b*****ds you truly are. You are sputum-f
                        How come when Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider he gained superpowers yet when Alexander Litvinyenko ate some sushi laced with polonium he lost his hair and died? Once again it\'s one rule for comic book superheroes and another for KGB turncoats.

Comment

Originally posted by who?

Yeah, I'm in the mood for a laugh. I'm tempted to phone up and ask what are their plans to offer a HD service.. [img]smileys/razz.gif[/img]

And their 6mb broadband service doesn't exist, pay for 6, get 3 or 4 !

Comment

CIE DART etc. i went to get the train the other day and I was told tyhat the train wasn't running to Ashtown because the train driver was hungover!! I had to get a taxi[img]smileys/thumb-down.gif[/img]

Comment

Not exactly crap service but a complete disregard for customers-yes. The wretched ERC practice of withholding match times until very shortly before the games therby giving very little time for booking flights,hotels. The worst part of this is the short time denies fans the chance of booking cheaper flight well in advance. We're the worst affected by this as we travel in greater numbers but they know they can treat us like s**t because we'll travel anyway. A boycott of one of their matches would be the way to show them what we think but no Munster supporter would consider that,least of all myself.
                              The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X