• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The other 2 blade runner prequels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJYH9aGEEGg
    http://www.crunchyroll.com/blade-run...ut-2022-748417
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

There's a film coming out wih The Rock, Joe Manganiello, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, a giant Gorilla, a giant Wolf and a giant Crocodile...

Slam....
      Dunk....
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Based on a video game so it's bound to be good
        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Watched Darkest Hour and Dunkirk back to back yesterday.

I really didn't like Darkest Hour. Yes, Gary Oldman's physical transformation to Churchill is extraordinary, but his performance had more ham in it than a packet of Galtee rashers. The script was rubbish as well.

I can see why Dunkirk would be a marmite movie for people. The story arc is all over the place and some of the acting is a bit underwhelming. However it's relentless as a movie, and the score is just awesome. The "tick tick tick" in the background just leaves you on the edge of your seat.

It's a pity I didn't get to see it in the cinema as I'd say it would have been fantastic on a big screen.
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
            It's a pity I didn't get to see it in the cinema as I'd say it would have been fantastic on a big screen.
            Saw it in the IMAX. Absolutely magical.

Came out thinking it would have been a different movie on the small screen though. The sound in there made it seem like the spitfires were coming from behind when they first appeared on screen.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
              Saw it in the IMAX. Absolutely magical.

Came out thinking it would have been a different movie on the small screen though. The sound in there made it seem like the spitfires were coming from behind when they first appeared on screen.

The cinematography was incredible on IMAX too. Those shots when the planes rolled, and the horizon tilted, were incredible at that scale.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

The editing/ sequencing of Dunkirk confused the hell out of me!
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                  The cinematography was incredible on IMAX too. Those shots when the planes rolled, and the horizon tilted, were incredible at that scale.
                  It was shot by a chap called Hoyte van Hoytema who also worked on Interstellar with Nolan. I liked that movie pretty much only for the way it was shot so I'm excited to see what he does with a movie due out early next year call Ad Astra. Wiki plot summary:

"Twenty years after his father left on a one-way mission to Neptune in order to find signs of extra-terrestrial intelligence, Roy McBride travels through the solar system to find him and understand why his mission failed."

It's being directed by James Gray too, who has a decent track record.
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

He must be a shoo in for best cinematography at the Oscars for his work on Dunkirk.

Comment

He must be a shoo in for best cinematography at the Oscars for his work on Dunkirk.
                      Roger Deakins has swept all before him with the new Blade Runner movie so he's hot favourite. It's spectacular.

Comment

Watched Darkest Hour and Dunkirk back to back yesterday.

I really didn't like Darkest Hour. Yes, Gary Oldman's physical transformation to Churchill is extraordinary, but his performance had more ham in it than a packet of Galtee rashers. The script was rubbish as well.

I can see why Dunkirk would be a marmite movie for people. The story arc is all over the place and some of the acting is a bit underwhelming. However it's relentless as a movie, and the score is just awesome. The "tick tick tick" in the background just leaves you on the edge of your seat.

There were 3 seperate timelines in it though - Tom Hardy's story was over an hour, the soldiers on the mole was over the course of a week and the boats coming over from Bighty was over a day so Nolan managed to mesh all of these together. I'm not convinced that it contributed to the story but technically it was very impressive.
                        Last edited by B.A.; 26th-February-2018, 12:24.

Comment

Yeah fair point but it took me awhile to work out it wasn't linear. The chopping and changing between timelines didn't help either. Maybe a second viewing is in order - will have a look and see if any local cinemas are still showing it.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                            There were 3 seperate timelines in it though - Tom Hardy's story was over an hour, the soldiers on the mole was over the course of a week and the boats coming over from Bighty was over a day so Nolan managed to mesh all of these together. I'm not convinced that it contributed to the story but technically it was very impressive.
                            It may be technically impressive and it was certainly innovative however I felt it took away from the sense of desperation and isolation that the beach story could have told. Still a bloody good film in the cinema though.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
                              It may be technically impressive and it was certainly innovative however I felt it took away from the sense of desperation and isolation that the beach story could have told. Still a bloody good film in the cinema though.
                              I'd agree, I must say I don't worship at the altar of Christopher Nolan. The timelines were a good gimmick in Memento but after doing Inception he probably went to the well too many times using it. Looking back at Dunkirk I still feel the relentless tension and I think it was good enough to stand on it's own 2 feet without the added complications. It may stand up better to second viewings though.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                                I'd agree, I must say I don't worship at the altar of Christopher Nolan. The timelines were a good gimmick in Memento but after doing Inception he probably went to the well too many times using it. Looking back at Dunkirk I still feel the relentless tension and I think it was good enough to stand on it's own 2 feet without the added complications. It may stand up better to second viewings though.
                                He might make a good job out of turning "And The Mountains Echoed" into a film, very nice use of timelines in that to evolve the different stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X