X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prisoners is one long ****ing movie
    The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Lone Survivor, Mark Walhberg's latest film will be in our cinemas soon.

Its a reasonable film . . . the action etc is a bit ridiculous, it would remind you of Black Hawk Down where the American is a sharpshooter but his enemy couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo
      The story is supposedly based upon the book written by a Seal team survivor (hence the name) which I haven't read . . .so I have no idea how accurate it is. Based in the mountains of Afghanistan and the US war on the Taliban.

The only thing that saves this film imo from being worse imo and keeps it as 'reasonable' is the fact that the real heroes of the piece turn out to be a group of Afghan Villagers who stand up to the Taliban. I enjoy the way that will challenge ignorant stereotypes . . . .

Only a fair film other than that tbh
      Last edited by Corcíoch; 23rd-January-2014, 22:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
        Lone Survivor, Mark Walhberg's latest film will be in our cinemas soon.

Its a reasonable film . . . the action etc is a bit ridiculous, it would remind you of Black Hawk Down where the American is a sharpshooter but his enemy couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo
        The story is supposedly based upon the book written by a Seal team survivor (hence the name) which I haven't read . . .so I have no idea how accurate it is. Based in the mountains of Afghanistan and the US war on the Taliban.

The only thing that saves this film imo from being worse imo and keeps it as 'reasonable' is the fact that the real heroes of the piece turn out to be a group of Afghan Villagers who stand up to the Taliban. I enjoy the way that will challenge ignorant stereotypes . . . .

Only a fair film other than that tbh
        It's worth checking out a movie/documentary called Restrepo if you're interested in the war in Afghanistan. It follows a platoon of American soldiers in Kandahar province for a year.
        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Bosco View Post
          Prisoners is one long ****ing movie
          Thought that was quite good, BUT probably 20 mins too long for its own good.

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
            It's worth checking out a movie/documentary called Restrepo if you're interested in the war in Afghanistan. It follows a platoon of American soldiers in Kandahar province for a year.
            Second that motion. It's really good.

Comment

Watched Captain Phillips last night. I found it very entertaining - very tense with typical Greengrass handheld shots. Tom Hanks played Tom Hanks very well.

Comment

Got halfway through Dallas Buyers Club. Yer man lost some amount of weight for that role. Almost unrecognisable.

Then my telly blew up
                The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                  Have you seen Generation Kill? It's ace.
                  Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                    Have you seen Generation Kill? It's ace.
                    Yeah, saw that - great series. Anything David Simon and Ed Burns turn their hands to is worth looking at.

Comment

Alright, we have the babysitter organized for tonight.
                      Wolf of Wall Street or American Hustle??
                      I like David O. Russell's other stuff from way back like Three Kings to last years Silver Linings Playbook, but I also love me some Scorsese, what film buff doesn't I hear you ask.

I have heard some American Hustle backlash too, lot's of people saying there is a lot of hype.
                      Anyone able to recommend?

Comment

Haven't seen American Hustle, but Wolf Of Wall street is a great movie. 3 hours long and doesn't feel it at all.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks CA, one tick for WoWST so

Comment

Originally posted by Weetabix View Post
                            Alright, we have the babysitter organized for tonight.
                            Wolf of Wall Street or American Hustle??
                            I like David O. Russell's other stuff from way back like Three Kings to last years Silver Linings Playbook, but I also love me some Scorsese, what film buff doesn't I hear you ask.

I have heard some American Hustle backlash too, lot's of people saying there is a lot of hype.
                            Anyone able to recommend?
                            Watched American Hustle at the weekend,really enjoyed it.

Comment

I saw American Hustle. I thought it was decent, the plot was a bit poor but the acting performances were outstanding. J-Law is going to be the female Leo DiCaprio.

I've been watching the reaction to Wolf and I have no desire to see it. I could have gone with two friends last week (one a huge Scorcese fan) but turned it down. The impression I got was that it was a load of dudebros getting ****ed up and being depraved. This was based on the people saying it was awesome and the people who were saying it was a let down. My Scorcese fan said it was awful and I have no regret I didn't see it.
                              I know something that will blow your minds. I can't tell you and I can't tell you why I can't tell you. You'll know soon and then I'll be confirmed right.

Comment

I enjoyed both, I preferred Wolf of Wall St a bit more.

Its a load of coked up wealthy douche bags. But it made me laugh out loud more than once.

Id see the Wolf again, American Hustle is no classic
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X