X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Aids Day

Message from Mr Hewson here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G2PpO7DwsM&eurl=

Pretty scary that there's 5,000 people a day still dying from this...
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

I think it's fair to say most of the world doesn't really give a damn about what happens a few million Africans. Sorry, did I say a few, I meant tens of millions, but whats the difference.
    It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

them's the breaks i suppose.

Comment

a lot more than just african's getting it though .. radio this morning said 160 ppl freshly diagnosed with HIV in the first 6 months of this year here in ireland.

Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

got to feel sorry for the gays in all fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass

a lot more than just african's getting it though .. radio this morning said 160 ppl freshly diagnosed with HIV in the first 6 months of this year here in ireland.

Most of these people are African immigrants, only get diagnosed when they get to a country with a health system. You would think a global disaster such as this would bother people more, especially considering people's reaction to Sept 11th, New Orleans but as long it doesn't happen on tv it doesn't really matter.
            It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Originally posted by socks
              got to feel sorry for the gays in all fairness.
              Just in relation to HIV or across a broader spectrum?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                Originally posted by lahinch_lass

Most of these people are African immigrants, only get diagnosed when they get to a country with a health system. You would think a global disaster such as this would bother people more, especially considering people's reaction to Sept 11th, New Orleans but as long it doesn't happen on tv it doesn't really matter.

Well said.

There was an AIDs discussion on Today FM earlier this year. They were talking about ways of preventing it and warning teens etc.

They spoke about all kind of ways of preventing AIDS like wearing condoms etc. There's 1 fact they did not speak about. It's the most important piece of imformation you need to know.

The fact is that you are over 14 times more likely to catch AIDs from an African than a non-African.

It's not PC but holding back life saving information is criminal and life threating!

Comment

Funny thing but actually India has the biggest aids problem not africa. But nobody talks about them[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]
                  Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Working...
                  X