british army collusion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

british army collusion

surprised there hasnt been more of an outcry over this.strong evidence that the british army had a part in the murdering of irish citizens and no one seems to care

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1129/barron.html
    g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
    -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
    -thomas sowell

Is anyone surprised?

My computer thinks I'm gay
    What's the difference anyway
    When all the people do all day
    Is stare into a phone

Comment

doubt it,most people would know that the british army were involved in the the dublin monaghan bombings,but something that actually claims to have proof,i would have assumed would have created a bigger stir than it did
      g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
      -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
      -thomas sowell

Comment

Not really suprised by that report, think most people expected that hense the lack of outcry. For most people except the victims and their families it's history now.
        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Pretty much expected - and yes, it's history now. Not in the sense that that makes it right, but that most people of sense would recognise that using it as some kind of ideological rallying point could only bring us back to the dark days.

Still hope to see further investigation on it, but can't imagine anyone being brought to justice.
          For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

well everythings history,the day after the event.you till expect people to care.the fact is that this is not history,no british soldiers have been brought to justice for their crimes so this isnt finished.

people are talking about the queen coming to ireland.she shouldnt be allowed meet irish politicians and the president until the army that serves her are brought to justice.

by your logic,if a child was abused 20 years ago but never came forward,we should just forget about it now because its in the past!
            g\'wan bruff!!

-Barack Obama

-thomas sowell

Comment

Both sides were guilty of mindless violence Bruffian and your right they should be condemned for it. What do you suggest we do about it?

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Bruffian, I do take your point - I'm not condoning it, I'm simply highlighting the fact that a cautious and low-key public response is the appropriate one, because the alternative could lead us down a road we really don't want to be on.

And as Sewa says, both sides were guilty.As we know, prisoner release schemes etc. are ongoing, so there's maybe an element of give-and-take in the pursuit of this. Not that I'm supporting state-sponsored terrorism, I hope it's clear that I'm not.
                For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

both sides? was the irish army involved in the murder of british civilians were they?
                  g\'wan bruff!!

-Barack Obama

-thomas sowell

Comment

AmI correct in thinking theIRA / Sinn fein didnt recognise the free stategovernment / army? that they considered the IRA as Irelands army? In which case your point is answered.

(I am no expert on the area but twas my understanding)
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

im trying to compare like with like here. the british army is subserviant to the politicians and the queen of britain,these politicians are elected by the people of britain.you may agree or disagree with the IRA aims,but they're not the same thing as the british army,true time has proven them equally violent,the british army more so in fact,you can only compare the british army to the irish army.

basically the british state murdered those people,im pretty sure the irish government never oversaw the irish army killing of british civilians.

sort of proves my point, that you consider the official british army and the ira to be the same thing

g\'wan bruff!!

-Barack Obama

-thomas sowell

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian

im trying to compare like with like here. the british army is subserviant to the politicians and the queen of britain,these politicians are elected by the people of britain.you may agree or disagree with the IRA aims,but they're not the same thing as the british army,true time has proven them equally violent,the british army more so in fact,you can only compare the british army to the irish army.

basically the british state murdered those people,im pretty sure the irish government never oversaw the irish army killing of british civilians.

sort of proves my point, that you consider the official british army and the ira to be the same thing

Maybe time to learn some history?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smithwick_Tribunal
                        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

even if and i stress the term IF,these allegations turn out to be true,its still not the same thing.now if the guard himself had killed him,or had supplied the weaponary it would be more malicious wouldnt it?

its not like say,oh i dont know,lets just say the irish army or guards opened fire on 13 civil rights protestors in the middle of the day,in the middle of a large town.i mean that would be mad wouldnt it?
                          g\'wan bruff!!

-Barack Obama

-thomas sowell

Comment

Bruffian your minority point of view is well known. You are willing to talk at lenghtabout the atrocities carried out in the North as long as we restrict the discussion to those carried out by one side.

Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73

even if and i stress the term IF,these allegations turn out to be true,its still not the same thing.now if the guard himself had killed him,or had supplied the weaponary it would be more malicious wouldnt it?

its not like say,oh i dont know,lets just say the irish army or guards opened fire on27 civil rights protestors in the middle of the day,killing 13,in the middle of a large town.i mean that would be mad wouldnt it?
                              g\'wan bruff!!

-Barack Obama

-thomas sowell

Comment

Working...
                              X