Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Weather!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    In truth, Mig, I/She have little to complain about. The Airline paid for her digs on Sunday night, she got an extra day in London Town and she got home (he-ventually, as Manuel would have it) in one piece.

    How Bad, in the greater scheme of things.

    Comment


      How is this July weather? Half thinking of turning on the heating for **** sake.
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        You should try it up here, tis dry as a bone. Some rain last night but today's threatened drowning through never materialised, like most times it's been predicted in the last month or so. Some of my trees are still showing signs of the drought they suffered for over three months.
        Tis but a scratch.

        Comment


          Noctilucent Clouds over the North Coast tonight, not far from your neck of the woods Chippy.
          Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
          http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

          Comment


            Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            You should try it up here, tis dry as a bone. Some rain last night but today's threatened drowning through never materialised, like most times it's been predicted in the last month or so. Some of my trees are still showing signs of the drought they suffered for over three months.
            Its raining for 5 weeks down here (IIRC), swampy and cold.
            I am the million man.

            Comment


              its miserable. May is the only summer month. probably won't see the sun again until September
              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

              Comment


                Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

                Its raining for 5 weeks down here (IIRC), swampy and cold.
                But isn't monsoon season in Limerick from June to April?
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                Comment


                  Who'd have thunk it, living in the north east corner of the Atlantic and we get shi#t weather? Seriously though, I believe our summer happens from April til early June. For the last number of years a high pressure has formed in April bringing generally good weather til June. July and August are invariably washouts.
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                    Who'd have thunk it, living in the north east corner of the Atlantic and we get shi#t weather? Seriously though, I believe our summer happens from April til early June. For the last number of years a high pressure has formed in April bringing generally good weather til June. July and August are invariably washouts.
                    Agree entirely, I'm just amazed how cold it has felt the last few days. People going around in wooly hats like
                    I am the million man.

                    Comment


                      Great news!!

                      Irish Water have lifted the hosepipe ban imposed last month with immediate effect after recent heavy rain.

                      The Water Conservation Order was issued in a bid to safeguard water supplies on June 9 after drought like conditions in many parts of the country.

                      However the wet start to July has replenished supplies countrywide with the ban no longer neccessary.

                      Managing Director of Irish Water Niall Gleeson said: "Irish Water is continuing to monitor the affected water sources as their recovery is fragile and subject to change.

                      "We will continue to liaise with Met Eireann, the OPW, the EPA and other key stakeholders to discuss the impact of weather on our sources. Should we enter a spell of prolonged warm and dry weather, and if the sources go into drought again, we may need to reconsider and re-impose a Water Conservation Order.



                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                      Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                      Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Jackie Brown View Post
                        Noctilucent Clouds over the North Coast tonight, not far from your neck of the woods Chippy.
                        Nice one, is that Portballintrae? Only a short hop from here.
                        Twas another mild day here in the north-east, not too cold but not so warm that working outdoors had me sweltered. The half hour or so of mizzle after six in the evening might help the out-of-season sowing of grass seed I had to do today. Due to stay like this for several days now, might get a break and do a bit of outdoor cooking at the weekend - lovely.
                        Tis but a scratch.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X