The Smoking ban

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Smoking ban

Mother of God! Three 'durty feckin feckers extracting the last aroma from the rat that beat his way to their intestines so he could die with one last gasp of methane. I cannot believe thatI spent twenty minutes or soinhaling thewaste from some dirty fekuckers arse.

durty, durty , durty. I'm off for a shower.

Smoke
    0%
    Fart
    0%
    Gawk
    0%
    Gonge
    0%
    Bagáiste ar phriacal an úinéara.

sorry [img]smileys/redface.gif[/img]
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I was in London over the weekend and it was like going back into the dark ages when you entered a bar/restauraunt/hotel lobby and anywhere else you care to mention.

Was in Paris a few weeks back and had to leave two restauraunts because of the smell of smoke andlocation of the non smoking area!!

Mickey Martin, I salute you. You can do no wrong in my book!

I'd prefer to see someone shít in front of me in a bar than have to go through that again. Disgusting is to nice a word to describe it.*

*And all this from an occasional smoker when locked! Out in the street mind!!!
      It happened, and I was there.
      4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
      What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

When the smoking ban came in I was a smoker, but I supported it. Why should I inflict my dirty carcinogenic fumes on another person? Simple answer I shouldn't.Gladly I am smoke free myself 7.5 weeks now and I am loving it. The benefits are enormous:

1. I breathe better.
        2. I can actually walk a distance without my shins feeling as if they are being stabbed.
        3. My clothes smell better.
        4. My fingers aren't yellow / brown anymore.
        5. The obvious money benefit.
        6. My smell and taste has become more sensitive.
        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

With you there,Ballyman but I don't notice the smoke that much while in the pub. What I object to is the smell of smoke off my clothes the following morning.[img]smileys/smiley38.gif[/img]
          The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

You don't notice it because you are immune to it my friend because everywhere you go in the UK, someone is smoking near you. I never noticed it here either. I notice it every where I go now.

On the "no smoking" floor of the hotel I was staying in, you could smell smoke every time someone lit up in their rooms. The smell goes everywhere and the only people that can't smell it are people who smoke full time.

As soon as the lift opened in the lobby, you could get the whang. It's only when you go abroad to less developed ([img]smileys/lol.gif[/img])countries that you see how right it is here and how much of a difference it has made everywhere.

I believe July 1st is d-day across the pond!
            It happened, and I was there.
            4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
            What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

<DIV =storyer ns="">
              <H1>Court dismisses tobacco damage claims</H1>@@@@SPAN =storyDate>Tuesday, 24 April 2007 19:13@@@@/SPAN> </DIV>
              <DIV =story ns=""><rte:>

The High Court has dismissed a claim being taken by a 58-year-old man against three tobacco companies and the state for damages caused by the effects of tobacco smoking.

Mr Justice Paul Gilligan ruled there was inordinate and inexcusable delay by lawyers on behalf of John Thomas McCormack from Abbeylara in Co Longford in proceeding with the case.

Mr McCormack began smoking in around 1960 when he was 12-years-old.
              <DIV id=story_island>In September 1996, he was diagnosed with arterial disease.</DIV>

The court was told that despite this he could not stop smoking.

He took a claim against PJ Carroll and Company limited, Player and Wills (Ireland) Limited and Gallagher (Dublin) limited as well as the Minister for Health and Children, Ireland and the Attorney General.

Mr Justice Gilligan ruled the allegations went back to 1960 and 1961 and Mr McCormack had a cause of action since his diagnosis in 1996.

He said the delay in prosecuting the case would give rise to a real and serious risk of an unfair trial.

He said it was also unfair to the defendants. (Ah come on !)

17 other cases are outstanding against the three tobacco companies.
              </rte:></DIV>
              "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

i gave up thanks to the banbar a few recent collapses of will Tarring my record (pun intended [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] )
                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

The smoking ban is probably the best piece of legislation passed by the FF/PD government.... I suffer from asthma and had to leave many a pub due to cigarette smoke in the past...thankfully those days are gone (except on rugby trips abroad!)

Comment

I used to be a "social" smoker. Only smoked after a couple of pints. Thanks to the banIhaven't had a smoke in a couple of years. I don't even think about them any more.
                    Computer games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Comment

Had to get out of a couple of bars in Bourgoin in January due to the smoke. It made my throat feel like a badgers armpit,a condition whichwas not sorted easily, even with excessive amounts of alcoholic lubrication. Thank God for patio heaters on the street outside the bars.

Comment

Working...
                      X