Malaga to Morroco

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malaga to Morroco

After one of the busiest and most stressful weeks i've ever had at work luckily enough i'm off on a cheapo break to Malaga, only booked flights mind so it's all up in the air. What i'd like to know is

<ul>[*]Anyone been to Malaga or surrounding area and recommend anything worth seeing and doing[*]How feasible is it to get a bus/train down to the Gibraltar area and get a ferry to Morroco for a couple of days. I wouldnt mind hitting to Tetouan or Casablanca for a night or two[/list]

Bus takes just over an hour to Gibraltar. Take a tour around the rock etc. Not much left to do there after that!!
    It happened, and I was there.
    4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
    What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

If you're down around Estepona call to the Playa Bella. Great food. Tel: 952800828. Take the new motorway. It's much faster. Tolled though.

Comment

Years ago my family got a tour from Spain to Morocco. We got a ferry there, a guide took us to some monuments, towns etc. I got to ride on a camel, have a snake around my neck etc. I thought the tour left from the Costa Del Sol, but that was years ago, and you might not want to go as part of a tour. Their may be a direct ferry route from near Malaga to Tangier.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, i think i might give Gibraltar itself a miss but it looks like there might be a Ferry to North Morroco somewhere close, i hope. I dont really care at this stage, anywhere thats away from my office. My god this has been the week from hell and i'm going in over the weekend as well as the 12 hour plus hour days all weeks. Dont you just f**king love it when the boss makes promises to clients that are virtually impossible to keep

Comment

Had a quick gatch. Check www.frs.es
            They do ferries to Tangier from 2 places near the Costa Del Sol region, and Malaga. If you could get to Tangier by foot, their are trains to Casablanca, and Marakesch.

Comment

Cheers Clon[img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

If you're down that way go up to Ronda. In the middle of the mountains. Hemingway wrote " Death in the Afternoon" there. It has the oldest bullring in Spain and is a beautiful town.

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick
                  If you're down that way go up to Ronda. In the middle of the mountains. Hemingway wrote " Death in the Afternoon" there. It has the oldest bullring in Spain and is a beautiful town.
                  That looks like a must visit, never heard of it but checked it on the web there and looks fantastic. The way i'm thinking this at the moment is a night in Malaga, go to Ronda for a night, catch the ferry to Tangiers for a night or two - its not going to work out like that though is it lol

Comment

Working...
                  X