f**king Technology

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

f**king Technology

Went for a game of golf with my eldest son yesterday evening. He is 18, and doesn't have a handicap because he's too lazy to hand in the required 3 cards. I pulled out my battery operated trolley to much amazementfrom my son:

" Dad, that's only for geriatrics, ha, ha, ha." I muttered something about a dodgy back as a result of playing rugby.

" But Dad, you played on the wing and if I remember you telling me thatyou got the ball twice in your whole life, and oneof those was when you collected the ball after your opposing winger had scored a try. Left you for dead, you said"

" Listen son, they usen't call meFlurry the Footfor nothing . I was a pretty useful performer I'll have you know."

" But Dad,I heard they called you that because you had a bad case of toe jam"

" Listen son, stand up there and tee off and shut your gob"

" I can't Dad, there's someone ahead of us"

" But, he's 280 yards up the fairway. You'll never drive that far"

" I don't use the driver Dad as I don't need it around here. My 7 wood is just the job for here"

I said that I'd tee off so with my driver, a state of the art Ping G5 with a Fujikura Speedster shaft. I hit a nice fade up the left side of the fairway that curled nicely back to the middle about 250 yards out. Put that in your pipe and smoke it son, I thought smugly to myself.

Without so much as a practice swing sonny boy launches a missile up the dead centre of the fairway that landed where my ball was nesting andkicked on for another 15 yards or so before it finally came to rest.

" Let me see your driver, sorry 7 wood, like a good lad"

I asked him what make it was. He replied that he hadn't a clue and that he had bought it in Tommy Mahers for 20 Euro. He hauled his bag up onto his shoulder and strode off leaving me and my battery sputtering along sedately. So much for f**king technology I thought...

Disinherit him dipstick, that'll teach him. And remind the other kids that if they want to stay in the will they should remember that smartarsedness is never appreciated by an elderly-but-still-spritely parent.
    Hope Not Hate

Comment

kick him out of the house dipstick, or call the helpline below:

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

21 April 2007

Stay-at-home children ‘are biggest headache for parents’

By Conor Ryan
      GROWN-UP children who cannot afford to fly the nest is the fastest growing problem facing parents today.

Commenting on statistics compiled from the 6,000 calls to the Parentline help line last year, manager Rita O’Reilly revealed a dramatic increase in the number of calls from parents stressed by the behaviour of grown-up children who were still living at home.

“The major issues centre around, drink, drugs and bringing people home at night.

‘‘About five years ago we would not really have come across this but that has changed,” she said.

Ms O’Reilly said the country’s economic climate is underlining the generation gap between parents and their adult children.

She said the manner in which young people are spending disposable income while waiting to get on the property ladder is causing friction within families.

“I think the culture around money has changed. Parents would look at when they were saving for a house themselves and they would have locked themselves inside for two years.

“But their children are saying they cannot afford to move out yet they are out every weekend and taking a year out in Thailand,” said Ms O’Reilly.

She also said parents found it hard to cope with college students returning home for the summer and living at home after getting a degree.

“I think young people are more demanding now. They might go away to college for a few years and they get a taste of freedom and that is difficult for parents when they move back and have to live under the same roof,” she said.

Ms O’Reilly went on to reveal that other significant categories of concern were children abusing their parents physically and emotionally.

However, the most popular concern for parents in 2006 was the conduct of children outside the home.

This related to antisocial behaviour in teenage sons and daughters.

Concerned parents can contact the helpline on 1890 927 277
      Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Cat~
        Disinherit him dipstick, that'll teach him. And remind the other kids that if they want to stay in the will they should remember that smartarsedness is never appreciated by an elderly-but-still-spritely parent.

Jesus Cat I'm only in my 40's

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick

To an 18 year old that's as good as dead.
          Hope Not Hate

Comment

Originally posted by dipstick

To an 18 year old that's as good as dead.

But I still have most of my teeth, nearly all my faculties, am not yet in nappies, I only fart occasionally and can still hold my drink.

Comment

Thanks Harry for the tip. I'll give the helpline number to my son whenever he gets up today.

Comment

Be nice,Dipstick. That young man will,at some stage in the future be choosing your nursing home. In times of crisis always remember that.
                The early bird catches the worm but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Guinness

Be nice,Dipstick. That young man will,at some stage in the future be choosing your nursing home. In times of crisis always remember that.

Arthur, I think I'd look rather well in nappies. What ward is Nurse Ratchet in? She's my only worry.

Comment

Working...
                  X