Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leo's great leap forward (LGLF)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Fantom View Post
    How are runways so expensive?
    second runway dublin airport €320 million, cork to limerick motorway €900 million
    That runway shouldn't be in the plan. It being totally funded by the DAA through airport charges, not a cent of taxpayers money going into it, and is already out to tender for construction. Basically it's got nothing to do with the government.

    There's a few other projects "announced" today that are already under construction, such as the N25 New Ross Bypass, the widening of the M7 and the M11 extension to Enniscorthy.

    Comment


      #17
      Any sign off the Adare bypass or shall I start digging it myself when I go home?
      Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
        Any sign off the Adare bypass or shall I start digging it myself when I go home?
        no bypass, but an upgrade on the existing road

        N21/N69 Limerick to Adare and then Foynes

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
          That runway shouldn't be in the plan. It being totally funded by the DAA through airport charges, not a cent of taxpayers money going into it, and is already out to tender for construction. Basically it's got nothing to do with the government.

          There's a few other projects "announced" today that are already under construction, such as the N25 New Ross Bypass, the widening of the M7 and the M11 extension to Enniscorthy.
          The phrase "taken into consideration" comes to mind.

          I'd love to know how a runway can cost so much, I appreciate there's lot more to it than tarmac but for it to cost the same as 30 miles or so, of motorway, amazes me.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by Fantom View Post
            So if had a gravel drive and a stranger built a house in your front garden but you got the drive
            upgraded to tarmac out of it, that would be a good deal for you.
            What the feck are you trying to say?
            The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
            - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

            Comment


              #21
              If all your area got from this €100 billion plan was one of the bus shelters...

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by Upfront_1979 View Post
                What the feck are you trying to say?
                Sorry I left out a word:

                So if you had a gravel drive and a stranger built a house in your front garden but you got the drive
                upgraded to tarmac out of it, that would be a good deal for you.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                  Sorry I left out a word:

                  So if you had a gravel drive and a stranger built a house in your front garden but you got the drive
                  upgraded to tarmac out of it, that would be a good deal for you.
                  Can we get this in English please?

                  Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
                  "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                    Any sign off the Adare bypass or shall I start digging it myself when I go home?
                    Originally posted by ick View Post
                    no bypass, but an upgrade on the existing road
                    It is a bypass of Adare. They're going to continue the motorway from the end of the M20 replacing the current N21 as far a Rathkeale bypassing Adare to the North. There will be a non motorway spur from there to Foynes. The scheme should be going to ABP this year and construction probably in 2020/21. https://www.foyneslimerick.ie/public...ltation-june17

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
                      It is a bypass of Adare. They're going to continue the motorway from the end of the M20 replacing the current N21 as far a Rathkeale bypassing Adare to the North. There will be a non motorway spur from there to Foynes. The scheme should be going to ABP this year and construction probably in 2020/21. https://www.foyneslimerick.ie/public...ltation-june17
                      And then JP will have the Ryder Cup at the NuManor
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                        Can we get this in English please?

                        Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
                        Man build himself house in garden of upfront79
                        Upfront79 not mind loss of garden because man lay tarmac on drive

                        (Don't take it too literally)

                        Comment


                          #27
                          A runway in St Louis cost over a billion dollars which makes the new one for Dublin look a bargain if it stays to budget.
                          Dublin Airport Terminal 2 having been costed during the Tiger, managed to run 20% over budget at a time when the construction industry was on its knees and prices plummeting.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by Fantom View Post
                            Man build himself house in garden of upfront79
                            Upfront79 not mind loss of garden because man lay tarmac on drive

                            (Don't take it too literally)
                            Are you on the Bucky?
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                            Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                            Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                            Comment


                              #29
                              I've never had bucky, is it nice?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                It used to be but now tastes like **** (it hasn't changed, I have)
                                The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                                - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X