Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glandular Fever

Anyone here had Glandular Fever before.

I have it and I'm banjaxed from it. Just wondering others experience of it and how long it took to shift it
    There Rice krispie cakes not buns

Never had it but get well soon.
    "Strike me flamin' handsome!!!" - Alf Stewart

His body is only a fuel tank for his micky - a work colleague talking about a fella he knows.

Comment

You get it from kissing

Comment

Originally posted by Fantom View Post
        You get it from kissing
        Or if your already banjaxed or completely worn down

I wish I had gotten it from kissing

Comment

Originally posted by Redhead View Post

On the bright side you'll be able to kiss with confidence from now on!

Comment

What age bracket are you in. I suffer with a condition that has me as you say banjaxxed and worn down. it can mentally be tough in how it restricts you. I would play very close attention to your diet and also the mineral content of what your eating. Most food nowadays resembles something close to cardboard in relation to minerals

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              What age bracket are you in. I suffer with a condition that has me as you say banjaxxed and worn down. it can mentally be tough in how it restricts you. I would play very close attention to your diet and also the mineral content of what your eating. Most food nowadays resembles something close to cardboard in relation to minerals
              I'm 39. Doc reckons I got it due to being worn out from the last few months, the stress involved,both before and after,
              of losing a family member,lack of sleep etc.
              I'm a healthy specimen normally,fairly fit.

Comment

I'm 39. Doc reckons I got it due to being worn out from the last few months, the stress involved,both before and after,
                of losing a family member,lack of sleep etc.
                I'm a healthy specimen normally,fairly fit.
                Get well soon Redhead, sorry to hear about your troubles.

If I can suggest one thing it would be meditate or install the calm app on your phone

I'd liken it to a pool net that cleans the thoughts, it's helped me.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Anyone here had Glandular Fever before.

I have it and I'm banjaxed from it. Just wondering others experience of it and how long it took to shift it
                  Two people close to me contracted it in their early teens and were bedridden for months of rest.
                  Both were overdoing it in their respective fields, one sport, one with the books.
                  Both recovered fully and went on to do well at sport and the books.
                  Complete physical rest was key
                  Last edited by ustix; 14th-January-2018, 01:10.
                  Gwan Joe!!

Comment

I know two people who contracted Glandular Fever and ended up developing ME.

i hope you recover fully. Rest up and allow your body the time to recover.
                    Life is good

Comment

HI redhead, sorry to hear you are unwell, dont know your symptoms of GF but something simple to try is Ginger tea, I swear by ginger for inflammation and colds etc, lots raw ginger in hot water with lemon and honey.
                      There is no cure for GF it will take a while but make sure you keep your fluid intake up, antibiotics are no good because it is viral.
                      Try the Ginger if it helps reduce the throat inflamation then all the better like ginger, Tumeric also helps build the immune system.
                      used them both after i got dengue fever and helped withthe fatigue.
                      psychoanalysis is wasted on the Irish; Sigmund Freud

Comment

Sorry to hear you are unwell. Its very debilitating. I got it the year I was doing my Leaving Cert (stress?). It was diagnosed in early December, and as far as I can recall, I was back in school in early January. Took about 2 or 3 months before I was fully fit again. Never any problem afterwards. You just have to let it work through itself - plenty of sleep, good food and fresh air - let your body recover.

Comment

Yes I had it when I was around seventeen.I have never been as sick before or since. IIRC it took the best part of ten days to get rid of it and another couple getting my strength back.
                          If it wasn\'t for venetian blinds,it would be curtains for all of us....

Comment

Best of luck with it. One of my nephews had it when he was doing his degree, and it took a collapse & trip to A&E to get diagnosed - really wiped him out for about four months, but he made a full recovery. Sadly his younger brother also got it, and it has developed into ME - he's gone from being an active young lad to dealing with chronic pain and exhaustion which has severely affected his schooling. Take all the time you need to get better from it, and don't let any setbacks get you down.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I had it when I was 14. 2 weeks in bed and warned to take it easy and plenty of sleep. I was to mind myself for 6 to 12 months or it could relapse. I remember after the 2 weeks going for a walk to local shop which was maybe a 1km round trip and when I got home I was exhausted and slept for 2 hours. Be strict with yourself with sleep routine as you do not want to go backwards.
                              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Working...
                              X