X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruck
    i've smoked a few recently when drunk.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]
    Looks like you'll have to give up drink too![img]smileys/wink.gif[/img]

Just thought of an advertisement: "Now you'll have to start saving for you 20 pack and while you're at it, put another little bit aside to save for your early grave!"

Comment

Is it just the kids that buy ten packs?
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

<!-
        var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
        var SymReal;

Sym()
        {
        window.open = SymWinOpen;
        if(SymReal != null)
        SymReal();
        }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
        {
        if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
        SymReal&#079;nLoad();
        window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
        SymReal = window.;
        window. = Sym;
        }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
        window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

Jenta will have to ask to get his pocket money increased, if he wants to buy them now
        The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

slippery slope ruck. remember theres no such thing as just one cigarette

it's incredible how fast the body gets back into the nicotine
          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Ah Jesus! You must be almost a year off them now.......5 months today for myself ...........As I have said here before, it's worth it alone for the decrease in hangovers!

Comment

I gave them up 8.5 years ago and never a relapse. I will happily passively smoke somebody elses American Marlboro lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Concept
                Ah Jesus! You must be almost a year off them now.......5 months today for myself ...........As I have said here before, it's worth it alone for the decrease in hangovers!

it would have been a year on the 1st of July.[img]smileys/sad.gif[/img]

<a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
                http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
                </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy

<!-

var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                  var SymReal;
                  Sym()
                  {
                  window.open = SymWinOpen;
                  if(SymReal != null)
                  SymReal();
                  }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                  {
                  if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                  window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
                  if (SymReal == null)
                  {
                  SymReal = window.;
                  window. = Sym;
                  }
                  }

SymInitWin&#079;nload()
                  {
                  if ( SymReal&#079;nLoad == null )
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
                  return Sym&#079;nLoad;
                  }

window.&#111;nload = SymInitWin&#079;nload();

//->Good, that might take them out of reach of teenagers.

I am still off them after 3 months and not a single relapse. It was well worth giving them up, I feel great.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult did you find it?

I'm making up great excuses for myself not tostop.
                  As the great warrior poet Ice Cube once said, “if the day does not require an AK, it is good.”

Comment

my god i had forgotten what they do to you in the morning. Incredible what 10 or 12 fags on a night out can do to you the next day

i was blaming the drink for moments of weakness but in reality its just an excuse.
                    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

It still will be! Worst thing you can do is think you've failed so you might as well start smoking regularly again. You've just had a couple of blips, the main thing is you didn't carry on smoking next day. Eventually the ones you have when drunk will start to taste really disgusting and you'll stop fancying one. Well done for all the days you didn't smoke.

Hope Not Hate

Comment

I'm off them a week now, which I know probably doesn't sound like a lot but is the best I've ever done except for Allen Carr,which I think gave me three weeks[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Even though I've rarely smoked more than ten a day, I've never been able to give them up without going through the total horrors. I'm always so disappointed in myself, particularly when feckers I know manage to go from forty a day to nothing and say "It was so easy I don't know why I didn't do it years ago" [img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

In desperation got a copy of the Paul McKenna book and CD, and to my immense surprise it seems to be working. You listen to the CD once a day for two weeks and then whenever you need a "top-up" after that. The book teaches you little self-hypnotic tricks to help with any cravings. So far, I have to say I've not had a craving in the world, which I'm delighted about. Before I'd be doing the Father Ted thing of imagining everyone as giant cigarettes, following people down the street so I could passive smoke etc. [img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]

Was a bit odd yesterday when I went into Spar and accidentally asked for ten Silk Cut instead of ten Vodafone credit, but sure we all have mental blocks occasionally.
                        For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

Originally posted by ~Cat~

It still will be! Worst thing you can do is think you've failed so you might as well start smoking regularly again. You've just had a couple of blips, the main thing is you didn't carry on smoking next day. Eventually the ones you have when drunk will start to taste really disgusting and you'll stop fancying one. Well done for all the days you didn't smoke.

excellent post [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

maybe some of you quiters could pass on a few tips to 'one man riot' he might be able to get round the pitch then!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bob m lad
                              maybe some of you quiters could pass on a few tips to 'one man riot' he might be able to get round the pitch then!!!!
                              I liked a cup of tea with my cigarette or should it be the other way around? So I gave up random cups of tea or coffee. Don't keep reminding youself you've given up. Pick the activites that would usually go hand in hand with the cigarette and change them. Try and distract yourself in other words!
                              If it fails, just channel your aggression onto the opposition!

Comment

Originally posted by bob m lad

stay out of the pub and/or off the drink for a few months.
                                “Well done, Paul – that was some performance by Munster. A famous victory!”
                                <font color=RED>“It was unreal!”</font>
                                “and what about those wonderful supporters, Paul – what have you got to say about them?”
                                <font color=RED>“they were unreal!”</font>
                                “Well congratulations Paul – you’ve been voted man of the match today. How does that feel?”
                                <font color=RED>Unreal</font>”

Comment

Working...
                                X