Smoking ban question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking ban question.

Can you smoke in a warehouse? I was at a fashion show of a well known designer (still beats me who she is though) last night in a warehouse in Dublin on Sir John Rogerson's quay and there were plenty of people smoking during it. THere were young children and some pregnant women there also and nobody batted an eyelid, unless of course it was for the photographers. I work in a place that has huge warehouses that assemble trucks and they aren't exempt from the smoking ban. Am I to believe that the air kiss brigade are exempt just like prisons or that it's just not fashionable to say "NO!".
    Shame on them (if indeed warehouses aren't exempt).[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img]

Hey Boo-boo!

No, I can't see any reason they would be exempt. It's probably that the fashion crowd are mostly just awful, awful, unpleasant, self-obsessedpeople. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
    For you stole Trevelyan\'s watch, So the young might see....oh, never mind....

Comment

If it was a private party then the ban does not apply.
      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by The Crimson King

It's probably that the fashion crowd are mostly just awful, awful, unpleasant, self-obsessedpeople. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
        <DIV>
        </DIV>
        <DIV></DIV>
        <DIV>Hey, I am not into fashion[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img].</DIV>
        <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
        http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
        </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

<DIV>
          Originally posted by McCloud
          </DIV>
          <DIV></DIV>
          <DIV>If there were people working at this party .. models .. caterers what not, then the ban does apply.</DIV>
          </a>

Comment

The smoking ban has arrived here in Wales now as well, there hasnt been a word about it really, just happened and no one batted an eyelid. Lot nicer in the bars now (even though i am an occasional social smoker)

Comment

even if it was private if people are working there i believe it is considered a place of work and the ban should apply

i was wondering though, on a set of a tv show or movie whats the story? Do the actors have to have herbal fags to get around the ban
              "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Originally posted by Ruck

It's probably that the fashion crowd are mostly just awful, awful, unpleasant, self-obsessedpeople. [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                <DIV>
                </DIV>
                <DIV></DIV>
                <DIV>Hey, I am not into fashion[img]smileys/mad.gif[/img].</DIV>

[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

On the private party thing, well I'm working under the assumption that if it was "a bit of a do" then they had at the very least caterers, waiters, barmen there. Which surely makes it a workplace, and thus covered by the ban?

Comment

<div>
                  </div>
                  <div></div>
                  <div>If there were people working at this party .. models .. caterers what not, then the ban does apply.</div>
                  There were models, barmen. lighting technicians, bouncers etc and photographers all working at it
                  That's also the conclusion I came to too Ruck and since the models looked about 14, starved and grumpy looked like the last thing they needed was to be inhaling second hand smoke!

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo
                    looked about 14, starved and grumpy looked like the last thing they needed was to be inhaling second hand smoke!

It really is all about Ruckula today, isn't it?! [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

<DIV>
                      </DIV>
                      <DIV></DIV>
                      <DIV>If there were people working at this party .. models .. caterers what not, then the ban does apply.</DIV>

There were models, barmen. lighting technicians, bouncers etc and photographers all working at it
                      That's also the conclusion I came to too Ruck and since the models looked about 14, starved and grumpy looked like the last thing they needed was to be inhaling second hand smoke!

Since when have any of the above qualified as working[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

<div>
                        </div>
                        <div></div>
                        <div>If there were people working at this party .. models .. caterers what not, then the ban does apply.</div>

Since when have any of the above qualified as working[img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]
                        I hope your local barmen ain't reading this or it will be a long dry summer for you![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

looked about 14, starved and grumpy looked like the last thing they needed was to be inhaling second hand smoke!

Hi TCK!
                          Are you tellin' me RUck is female, 14 and grumpy?![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Comment

the one bad thing about the ban is the rippers people are leaving, for example the almost incredible waft from someone in the Sunday's Well bar that forced me into the other side last Saturday night, I almost got sick. Christ people have no manners any more, at least the smell of smoke got rid of it. If they felt a bad one coming on the least they could do is take a walk outside and let rip.

Frank the Tank is not coming back. OK? That part of me is over, water under the bridge.

Comment

<DIV>
                              Hi TCK!
                              Are you tellin' me RUck is female, 14 and grumpy?![img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                              </DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV>No, but i am gorgeous enough to be a male model. and i am always grumpy, so i've got that pouty look sorted.[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]</DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              <DIV></DIV>
                              </a>

Comment

Working...
                              X