Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Younguns dese days, dey has it easy

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
    People who go to University in the town where they grew up aren't right in the head.
    I went to University in another country, the best move I ever made tbh.

Makes you become an adult and care for yourself a hell of a lot earlier than staying at home. Wasn't an easy choice to make when I was 17 but I'd recommend it to anyone who can do so.

I'm beginning to think young adults these days are lot more young and a lot less adult, but that's a different thread topic really.

MOD EDIT - so here's the new thread!
    Last edited by mr chips; 9th-November-2017, 20:07.
    I am the million man.

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

I'm beginning to think young adults these days are lot more young and a lot less adult, but that's a different thread topic really.

what do you expect when no one can afford to buy a house, long term job security is a myth and the global system seems to benefit the elites only and ignores the future.

why would you worry about being an adult, why not enjoy yourself and embrace your youth, while you have it. Not to mention how f*cked the planet is and the consequences 18-19 year olds will have to deal with when they are "adults" and the generations that caused the damage are gone.
    Last edited by Bayern; 7th-November-2017, 14:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
      what do you expect when no one can afford to buy a house, long term job security is a myth and the global system seems to benefit the elites only and ignores the future.

why would you worry about being an adult, why not enjoy yourself and embrace your youth, while you have it. Not to mention how f*cked the planet is and the consequences 18-19 year olds will have to deal with when they are "adults" and the generations that caused the damage are gone.

Jesus you're a great laugh. FWIW I had the best time of my life away from home in University, ploughed my own furrow and became the person I am today.

I sure as **** didn't have people making excuses for me or giving me a soft shoulder to cry upon because the world is fecked and nobody can buy a house and boo hoo woe is me!

You should think about how much you can embrace when Mam and Dad are snoring across the hallway.
      I am the million man.

Comment

Jesus you're a great laugh. FWIW I had the best time of my life away from home in University, ploughed my own furrow and became the person I am today.

I sure as **** didn't have people making excuses for me or giving me a soft shoulder to cry upon because the world is fecked and nobody can buy a house and boo hoo woe is me!

You should think about how much you can embrace when Mam and Dad are snoring across the hallway.

I had the best time of my life away at college too.

But complaining about young adults, not being adult enough well it's a load of ****e.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
          I had the best time of my life away at college too.

But complaining about young adults, not being adult enough well it's a load of ****e.
          I suppose I find the notion that young fellas can't move up the road to join the academy a load of bollox to be honest

You want to be a pro athlete? Grand, go through concrete to make it and if it doesn't work out at least you gave it your all. If you make it you've a unique job that allows you study at the same time anyway

As opposed to:

I don't want to leave because of education here so I'm going to stay with Mam and Dad.

Either you're a pro athlete first or a student first. Making excuses for the former because of the latter is bull**** to me. Tbh.

You want it badly enough you might even brave leaving your home town, be it sports or education
          I am the million man.

Comment

I suppose I find the notion that young fellas can't move up the road to join the academy a load of bollox to be honest

You want to be a pro athlete? Grand, go through concrete to make it and if it doesn't work out at least you gave it your all. If you make it you've a unique job that allows you study at the same time anyway

As opposed to:

I don't want to leave because of education here so I'm going to stay with Mam and Dad.

Either you're a pro athlete first or a student first. Making excuses for the former because of the latter is bull**** to me. Tbh.

You want it badly enough you might even brave leaving your home town, be it sports or education
            And with that attitude does the ship sink. Not that i disagree with you btw but that was fine for generation X or Y but it doesnt work for generation Z coming through. Society has changed and if we want top players togging out for munster we need to move with the times and not expect them to be "concrete" straight out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post
              And with that attitude does the ship sink. Not that i disagree with you btw but that was fine for generation X or Y but it doesnt work for generation Z coming through. Society has changed and if we want top players togging out for munster we need to move with the times and not expect them to be "concrete" straight out of the box.
              Who said concrete straight out of the box? A bit of ambition, hunger and application is all you want to see from anyone with aspirations. Nobody is the finished article leaving school like

Maybe fewer excuses won't see so many spurning the academy.

Maybe fewer excuses won't see so few being able to afford to buy a house as well.
              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                I think its' more a case of "I want to continue my current Degree Course here rather than moving, doing an inferior Course with no guarantee that my sporting career will work out."

Stay in school, pro rugby isnt for you.
                I am the million man.

Comment

I think its' more a case of "I want to continue my current Degree Course here rather than moving, doing an inferior Course with no guarantee that my sporting career will work out."
                  Maybe it's a superior course
                  When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                    The professional rugby course is undoubtedly superior
                    I am the million man.

Comment

The one in my area of expertise isn't.

Comment

The professional rugby course is undoubtedly superior
                        Superior to what?

Comment

Superior to what?
                          Anything on offer in UCC nowadays
                          I am the million man.

Comment

The one in my area of expertise isn't.
                            And are academy players limited to your area of expertise only?
                            When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

And are academy players limited to your area of expertise only?
                              Shur int that why Zebo taking the harse to France
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X