The price of the Pint.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of the Pint.

I was at the Ireland Moldova game last night.

I had a pint of Guinness in the Beggar's Bush beforehand which cost €4.50. This is the usual price there, well below the normal Dublin price.

Today, I had one in Mulligan's of Sandymount for €5.35.

I thought that was bad 'till I went to the Sandymount Hotel after the game where the Pint of Stout, Pint of Orchard Thieves and Vodka and 7Up were €6, €7 and €8 respectively.

As I type, I'm in The Laurels in Perrystown, between Templeville Road and Walkinstown where the Pint of Stout is €4.90.e
    Last edited by Piquet; 7th-October-2017, 23:31.

The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

€4.20 for Bud in my local

Comment

Originally posted by mac22 View Post
        €4.20 for Bud in my local
        I hope they're paying you for it
        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
          I hope they're paying you for it
          I've yet to be paid to top up the latrines ...

Two pints of Metalman and a cappuccino in Mulligans (we missed each other Piquet!) was about €13 on Saturday. But I bought two pints and a Bacardi & lemonade in Paddy Cullen's after this year's Pro12 final, and it set me back more than €26. One of the pints was Foxes Rock, the other was another IPA, but jesus christ like.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Anyone have any idea how much a Guinness is in O'Donoghue's on Baggot Street? Trying to work out how many pints I had on Saturday.

Current estimate: 16, and I'm still feeling every single one of them.
            "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by Jenta View Post
              Anyone have any idea how much a Guinness is in O'Donoghue's on Baggot Street? Trying to work out how many pints I had on Saturday.

Current estimate: 16, and I'm still feeling every single one of them.
              The double gallon!

Do Dublin pubs still up the price late at night?
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                The double gallon!

Depends on where you are but it's rare. Of course I could have been paying €80 a pint by the end of the night and I wouldn't have noticed. Bloody 2pm kick off times are a health hazard.
                "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                  The double gallon!

Yea city centre ones typically do, I think it's pretty much all that have a late licence.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't care what price it is as long as they don't stop making it.
                    Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Foley's and The Wellington were €5.20. The majority are between €5.00 - €5.50. You can always go northside and get one for €4.40
                      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post
                        Foley's and The Wellington were €5.20. The majority are between €5.00 - €5.50. You can always go northside and get one for €4.40
                        Or one of the Wetherspoons where you can get a pint for 2 quid....although you then have to drink it in a Wetherspoons.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Comment

They've just started selling Brewdog Punk IPA on a few taps here in Dubai. Going rate? About 14 euro a pint. Or you can always go draught Magners for a tenner. Bargain, like.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                            They've just started selling Brewdog Punk IPA on a few taps here in Dubai. Going rate? About 14 euro a pint. Or you can always go draught Magners for a tenner. Bargain, like.
                            At least you haven’t got to pay any tax though!?!?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              At least you haven’t got to pay any tax though!?!?[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              That definitely helps :-)

On balance, I pay about the same gross as someone buying a pint in Dublin. Which says horrible things about the price of a pint in Dublin.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X