TV deals, getting max rugby for decent value

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV deals, getting max rugby for decent value

So currently here we have SKY coming in @€85 a months basically just to watch rugby matches. Watch the odd derby soccer match but apart from that have no need for SKY. considering I had to pay extra for either EIR or BT sport aswell I'm considering switching to EIR.

Anyone any idea how many Munster matches I'm likely to miss out on by not having SKY sports. I have no bother watching these on my laptop but the auld pair like to it in the package, but everyone the €85 a month is OTT in my view. Have I any options

Get yourself an Amazon firestick or android tv box and watch through cxcxcx
    Last edited by Munstersrebel; 26th-July-2017, 20:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Munstersrebel View Post
      Get yourself an Amazon firestick or android tv box and watch through mobro.
      how does all that jazz work? Illegal I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        So currently here we have SKY coming in @€85 a months basically just to watch rugby matches. Watch the odd derby soccer match but apart from that have no need for SKY. considering I had to pay extra for either EIR or BT sport aswell I'm considering switching to EIR.

Anyone any idea how many Munster matches I'm likely to miss out on by not having SKY sports. I have no bother watching these on my laptop but the auld pair like to it in the package, but everyone the €85 a month is OTT in my view. Have I any options
        You are insane to be paying that to Sky. I pay stg 32 a month for Sky Inc Sports.

Every year I have o go through the ritual of cancelling, and waiting for the offer of 50% or this year 60% off if I "come back" to Sky. This year it was done on my online account through the interactive portal on the Sky box.

Play hard ball with them. If they won't make you a sensible offer, then leave. There are a number of threads on boards.ie that will give you an idea of the discount you should get in ROI.
        Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

I think Sky are a wonderful organisation and I'm delighted to pay them loads every month.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

The four year Sky deal with the Pro 12 is over at the end of this season and the deal to show the Autumn internationals finishes at the end of the year so it looks like Sky could completely turn their back on rugby after this season. I loathe BT but would rather all the pay to view is on one platform.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

what speed broadband would I need to get TV over broadband

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                what speed broadband would I need to get TV over broadband
                As much as possible preferably minimum 10MBs
                Last edited by Munstersrebel; 27th-July-2017, 14:01.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                  The four year Sky deal with the Pro 12 is over at the end of this season and the deal to show the Autumn internationals finishes at the end of the year so it looks like Sky could completely turn their back on rugby after this season.
                  Alternatively they could link up with the Pro16 with a long term plan to build a successful international competition, like they did with the Heineken Cup
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

I like the cut of your jib Rathbaner

Sent from my ONEPLUS 3 using Tapatalk
                    He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Working...
                    X