Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

250 New Jobs For Limerick & Clare

250 New Jobs for Limerick and Clare - Live 95fm News 17.04.07

A total of 250 new jobs for Limerick and Clare are to be announced by the Minister for Enterprise Trade and Employment.

Micheál Martin is due to give details of software engineering careers at two companies in Plassey.

Up to 100 of the jobs will be located at ACI Worldwide and a further 50 at a Danish Company based in the Lero Building at the Technology Park.

A further 100 jobs will be announced for Clare.

Limerick TD, Willie O`Dea says there was serious competition for the high quality jobs.

It still doesn't replace the amount lost.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

I am always suspicious of these annoucements since the time 4 or 5 years ago I at a similar announcement in Plassey for 175 new jobs at a company there.50 of the jobs had already being filled (including my own)and the other 125 were just grant approved by the IDA and never actually materialised as the company closed down two years later.

The anouncement was made with all the bells and whistles by the then Minister,a certain boyish looking Corkman,and guess what? It was in the run in to an election.
    What once were vices,now are habits

Comment

Originally posted by Murtoc2003
      I am always suspicious of these annoucements since the time 4 or 5 years ago I at a similar announcement in Plassey for 175 new jobs at a company there.50 of the jobs had already being filled (including my own)and the other 125 were just grant approved by the IDA and never actually materialised as the company closed down two years later.

The anouncement was made with all the bells and whistles by the then Minister,a certain boyish looking Corkman,and guess what? It was in the run in to an election.

Yep, the propoganda has well and truly started. It's not too hard to see through it though.
      "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

tbh, I'm more concerned at the amount of real job losses which will inevitably be part of a deferred announcementafter the election rather than the mythical figures of proposed jobswhich appear with equal inevitability prior to an election.

Must think we're some mugs.

Comment

jays lads only on this website would this be made into a BAD news story!

despite what has happened recently and news of the all the doom and gloom,our unemployment reate is at its lowest since 2001
          g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
          -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
          -thomas sowell

Comment

The "new" jobs in PC Tools were advertised as much as three months ago and are all filled. Allegedly.
            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Originally posted by bruffian

despite what has happened recently and news of the all the doom and gloom,our unemployment reate is at its lowest since 2001

Your right about unemployent rates but that wont stop them ignoring you.

My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa
                Originally posted by bruffian

Your right about unemployent rates but that wont stop them ignoring you.

ah sure, after a while you get used to it!
                g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                -thomas sowell

Comment

Working...
                X