The boom is back baby! NewBoom BoomBOOM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The boom is back baby! NewBoom BoomBOOM

Near a quarter of a million for a gaff the size of an average master bedroom and ensuite. Its this ****ology will see the whole thing overheat in time again.

Cottage in Ranelagh for €220k. Wha?

At just 25sq m/270sq ft this must be the smallest cottage in the village. Creative thinking required on the space front

about 2 hours ago

Madeleine Lyons

• Address: 8 Colliers Ave, Ranelagh, Dublin 6
    • Price: € 220000
    • Agent: Sherry FitzGerald

I am the million man.

It's bijou.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
      It's bijou.
      Like Ian Madigan
      I am the million man.

Comment

It's "delightfully compact", as a feckin eejit once said about the mouldy flat converted out of one large living room that myself & herself rented back in the mid-90s. That craphole was actually bigger than this.

EDIT - just clicked through to the article, and found this gem further down -

Collier’s Avenue is a small cul-de-sac beside Sandford Park School. Many of the houses on this row of whitewashed cottages have been cleverly refurbished, including number 4, which went on the market a few weeks ago, also through Sherry FitzGerald seeking €525,000. Very tastefully refurbished in 2008, it was doubled in size to 86sq m, hence the sustantial difference in asking prices between it and number 8.
        Half a million. For this.
        Last edited by mr chips; 3rd-May-2017, 19:55.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Location is key. The only way is up!
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
            Location is key. The only way is up!
            You won't get planning for up.
            I am the million man.

Comment

I have renamed the banks economy thread
              Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Friend of mine was in a Cork Suburban Shopping Center last year and they had a replica Game of Thrones iron throne.

It was €10 to sit on it.

He posted about it saying.....€10 Euro to sit on the chair..... We're back baby!!!!

It was like Celtic Tiger ****ology all over again.

Comment

It's in Douglas Court at the moment. It must be hard for the people not to laugh at the punters.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

And it's not even the actual one!!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
                    "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Think the only word of real significance in that cottage ad was 'Ranelagh'.
                      The fool and his money are oftimes so easily parted you would wonder how they ever met.

Comment

Bigger queues this year at weekends to get into Crescent Shopping Centre, 8 euro for two expressos in Dublin lately (having paid 1 euro in one of the oldest and most beautiful coffee houses in Porto at Easter).....I even hear De Bert rustling in the undergrowth.

We have learned precisely effin' nothing as a society, nuttin'

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
                          Bigger queues this year at weekends to get into Crescent Shopping Centre, 8 euro for two expressos in Dublin lately (having paid 1 euro in one of the oldest and most beautiful coffee houses in Porto at Easter).....I even hear De Bert rustling in the undergrowth.

We have learned precisely effin' nothing as a society, nuttin'
                          waahhhh, espresso, IT'S ESPRESSO.

sorry, that's a little bugbear of mine that causes me to go off on one

This is the bit I particularly like about that Ranelagh shoebox
                          "Remarkably there are three bedrooms in its current layout – one of these is used as a television room"
                          so basically there are 2 bedrooms and a living room
                          When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

New car sales are down 10% on last year, with a big shift to imported used cars.

Commercial vehicle sales are down 13%, which is traditionally a bellwether for economic activity.

Hopefully we're not totally mad as a country yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

After oscillating between 16 and 18 pages for the past month or so, the Property Supplement in the Irish Times surges forwards to 24 pages today.

We definitely live in Boomier times.

Comment

Working...
                              X