Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limerick to get Ice Rink

Anyone else heard anything on this?

Limerick is apparently getting a huge development at the Parkway retail site which includes an Ice rink!

see here:

http://www.limerickblogger.org/blog/?p=2992#comments

http:/www.Icc.ie/ePlan/internetEnquiry/rpt_ViewApplicDetails .asp?validFileNum=1&app_num_file=064103

http:/i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/karmafaerie/Picture1-2. jpg

The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
    - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Will become Scobe central[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Its feckin massive! Surprised its been kept quiet. BMX Park/Skate Park/ Ice Rink, Basketball court. Its a nice idea but wil it end up like that or will it just be another supermacs/leisure centre on a bigger scale?

Comment

Originally posted by RobbieG
        Will become Scobe central[img]smileys/confused.gif[/img]

Could do, but managed properly this could be valuable in giving kids something to do and keeping them out of trouble.
        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Its part of a massive new shopping centre. 51 retail units, 16 restaurant/cafe units, a "new multi-functional sports and performance auditorium(to accommodate ice rink, sports/basketball court, theatre)" and a "health, lifestyle and well-being centre".They're also going to develop a park along side including a skate park and football pitch. There is going to be a carpark fo ove 1600 cars. traffic around there is going to be a nightmare.

Comment

A welcome development if it's managed properly.
            <a href=\"http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/Ruck_You\" target=\"_blank\">
            http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/sig/default/Ruck%20You.jpg
            </a>

If you’re fat stay in the ruck - Liam Toland

Comment

Atlantic Way, Shannon Development, Limerick Chamber of Commerce, Co-Ordination Office and the University of Limerick have bee working on "iconic structures" to attract more visitors to the city. 1 of these structures was an events centre larger than the UCH ie over 1000 capacity. maybe this is where this auditorium came from.

Comment

Will become Scobe centralconfused.gif">
                Why?

I didn't realise scobes were known for their love of ballet on ice, disney
                on ice and dancing on ice? Is there a whole sensitive to these guys that
                I've been missing so far? Perhaps if one tries to mug me I should
                engage in a conversation about completing a triple axle or indeed, the
                dreaded Iron Lotus?
                It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.

Every plan I have is the best plan in the room. Everybody get quiet and listen to it, and everybody will win

Comment

Well Dolphins barn in Dublin was scobe central when I was growing up so there is precedent. Would expect something of this scale to be a lot better managed though.

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy

Will become Scobe central[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

Could do, but managed properly this could be valuable in giving kids something to do and keeping them out of trouble.
                    If "managed properly" there'll be security and policies in place which will exclude kids from the use of the facilities. Just try to book in a school or group from a "disadvantaged" area into the UL complex and you'll see what i mean.

It'll be either a replica of Supermacs/Funworld or Golf club central

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyFantastic
                      Will become Scobe centralconfused.gif"&gt;

Why?

I didn't realise scobes were known for their love of ballet on ice, disney

on ice and dancing on ice? Is there a whole sensitive to these guys that

I've been missing so far? Perhaps if one tries to mug me I should

engage in a conversation about completing a triple axle or indeed, the

dreaded Iron Lotus?
                      you should have tried out the rink at Merchants Quay over Christmas (agreed, that would be hilarious, we both know), plenty of Limericks finest weaving about the place. Some of them seemed pretty handy all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy

Will become Scobe central[img]smileys/c&#111;nfused.gif[/img]

If "managed properly" there'll be security and policies in place which will exclude kids from the use of the facilities. Just try to book in a school or group from a "disadvantaged" area into the UL complex and you'll see what i mean.

It'll be either a replica of Supermacs/Funworld or Golf club central

Whats wrong with "Let them in, but if they act the bollix, turf em' out."
                        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                        X