Irish property 2007

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irish property 2007

I'm curious as to where people think property prices in 2007 will go. Has the market peaked or is everyone just waiting for the budget and then full steam ahead again?

I think it'll stay pretty level, with a slight reduction in commuter towns. After getting lambasted in previous discussions, I think I'll sit this out on the fence!
    Up
    0%
    Down
    0%
    Stay level
    0%
    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Stay the same probably.

If Stamp Duty is abolished or lowered significantly, it will rise but can't see the Gombeen men doing this.

Comment

It depends on the location & type of property but on general it will probably go up afew %

There is a new development in Swords that has cut its prices as their units were not selling.

Comment

Wait and see what interest rates do.

If they continue to go up then it will either level off or even drop.

If, however, they stop rising then as soon as the budget is out of the way it will be full steam ahead again.
        It happened, and I was there.
        4.48pm, Saturday 20th May 2006.
        What does grease taste like? Is it like chicken?

Comment

Up of course. The big question is when will the bubble burst?

Comment

Dublin will be flat or in mild reverse. The rest of the place less so.

Comment

Interest rates will undoubtably continue to rise, perhaps even to 7 or 8%.Id imagine when they reach that point property prices will stop growing.

Comment

Limerick is the place to buy property, there is still huge value there. Forget about Dublin.

Comment

up,but not the rise wont be as great as it has been in recent years
                  g\'wan bruff!!

``The answer is not heavy- handed regulations that crush the entrepreneurial spirit and risk- taking of American capitalism. That\'s what\'s made our economy great.\"
                  -Barack Obama

\"The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics\"
                  -thomas sowell

Comment

I am going with stay level. Prices in some expensive areas of Dublin may actually fall back 10 - 15% but that will have no impact on 99.999% of us.

My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Depends where the house. The old moniker "location location location" will start to kick in.

Comment

High end may drop back a bit the rest will level out.
                        Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Skyhawk
                          Interest rates will undoubtably continue to rise, perhaps even to 7 or 8%.

Not a chance. 2 more 0.25% increases and that's about it I reckon.

We will never see 6% base interest rates again. Price stability is the main reason d'etre behind the €.

If rates go to 7% the country will very quickly fall into a deep recession. Lots of people are very highly borrowed.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa

I am going with stay level. Prices in some expensive areas of Dublin may actually fall back 10 - 15% but that will have no impact on 99.999% of us.

I've had to lay off the butler and gardener to free up some cash for my mortgage. The unironed paper is proving a challenge, but we must all tighten our belts in the circumstances . .

Comment

Originally posted by Timster
                              Originally posted by sewa

I've had to lay off the butler and gardener to free up some cash for my mortgage. The unironed paper is proving a challenge, but we must all tighten our belts in the circumstances . .

funny thats what your avatar looks like hes doing[img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]
                              The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad.
                              - Salvador Dali (1904-1989)

Comment

Working...
                              X